Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UltraCool or HD Premium Cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011 | 06:07 PM
UltraDune
|
Cruiser
Default UltraCool or HD Premium Cooler?

Have been on the fence with this one for quite some time. Heading out on a long road trip soon down to TN/GA etc. and am thinking about putting a cooler on my '09 Ultra. I know there are other threads on this but would like some input with regards to these 2 units. Pro's and Con's on product, install, quality etc. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2011 | 07:28 PM
jmcd
Intermediate

I hade the ultra on mine , it seamed to work ok ,it started to hit the frame and was making a poping noice,, one day i hit a large bump on the road , and days later i found a oil leak ,, found out it was the cooler had spit where the lines go,, called them ( becouse i had got it from ultra themself) he told me he was going to send me a new cooler , that was allmost 8 months now ,, so i went back to harley ,s cooler and put fans on it , work really good for me ,, but again that is just what had happend to me with the ultra,,

Old 05-23-2011 | 07:44 PM
Philly76
Cruiser

Went with the Harley Premium Cooler after I had the 103 stage II kit put on. Researched it and thought both were great for the dollars. Went with the Harley because of quality in design and where the lines were run. Also, went with the cleaner looking cover and the unit disappeared, looks like a factory install. The dealer also said they would stand by the Harley unit, including labor if there were any troubles. Sold. Found with the engine upgrade the old girl ran a bit hotter. With the cooler there is a definite temp drop and I have the comfort of carrying extra oil, which never hurts. Great add for the money as a cool engine is a happy one.