Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Ohlins Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Another happy customer of Howard's here. Had my #3-4s for over a year now. My researches on alternative shocks took me ages and I decided to take the short cut, skip over all the other brands and go straight to Ohlins. Haven't bottomed out since! My wife and I have travelled extensively in Eastern Europe before and after fitting them - it's the only way to travel! A huge success for us.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 PM
yelnoc
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howard +++

I don't want to be a broken record here, but I received my Ohlins from Howard after reading this forum. I have used Ohlins several times on other brands, but after getting a new FLTRU I needed to upgrade the suspension. He was awesome, with great customer service. I added Traxxion Dynamics cartridges to the front end as well. Howard delivered the shocks as promised and even did an upgrade at his cost since Ohlins misinformed us on available parts. Uh.. I'm a big guy, so the spring needed was not in stock in yellow. So I got chrome instead at a discount. MotorcycleMetals website is simpler than some others, but Howard's knowledge is much more than the html code.

The ride has changed significantly. I still have some fine tuning to do, but he worked me through it. I had Southwest Suspension in Phoenix install it all, as they were the local Traxxion dealer and it seemed easier to do it all at one time. John at SWS knows his craft as well.

Planning a 2 week journey in August and I am very glad I invested in the suspension with them both.