Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Kuryakyn products ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Have had some of their stuff over the years and you really have to keep an eye on the chrome or it will rust or flake on you. If you are the type of guy that polishes all your chrome regularly with a cleaner/protector you will be fine. If you are a wash and go kinda guy, it is going to rust on you. Don't know anything about their electronics.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by katobird
Passenger Adjustable Pegs and Iso Grips thats it..
Grips are good
Pegs started rusting (pitting) after about 3 months..

Got to keep up on the cleaning..
The rest of there stuff I consider imported overpriced junk with NO customer support
Had their offset highway pegs on my last bike with the same results. Ended my Kury purchases.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,770 Likes on 22,735 Posts

I've had many Kuryakyn products throughout the years and only have one glitch and that was one of the mirrors. The coating on the mirror started to fade. I took it to a rally on the bike and showed them, was given a card, called a number and had a brand new mirror sent out to me.

Try taking something back to HD and if you did not buy from where ever you are trying to take it back, and have the receipt you will be told to **** up a rope in no short order.

Kuryakyn is a STAND UP COMPANY and they do not have any more issues w/their chrome than does HD and as already mentioned some of their stuff is made by the same manufacturers.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I 've used some of their stuff over the years , the only problem I had was with pitting that started on my left mirror with the blind spot mirrors , it was out of warranty but I called them any way and they went ahead and replaced it , what else could you want

Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

All I've ever had from them is foot pegs, grips and the silver bullet turn signals. I have zero complaints about any of the items I've tried. They were all what I wanted and as good as I expected. The love the ISO pegs on my Dyna. I've had them since 94 and I've only replaced the rubber once. They outlasted anything else I've tried. I have heard some less than complinentary comments about some of their performance products like the hypercharger, but I have no experiance with any of those. I can give big kudos to their customer service. They helped me tremendously with the bullets when one of the signals wouldn't blink.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the Panacea tail light and turn signals and no problems so far.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by king dawg
I have never had a problem with any Kuryakyn product that I have purchased. I give them the thumbs up!
Ya what he said.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I have been using their ISO grips, stiletto pegs, adjustable passenger pegs, shift lever and brake pedal covers for several years. I am very happy with them.

My wife really liked their high mount passenger pegs when we had a softail. The quality of chrome on my pegs is exceptional.

One of my highway pegs fell off due to a bolt that backed out over time without me noticing it. The peg slid down the highway, took a bounce, flew up in the air before hitting the road and sliding to a stop. The chrome was barely scratched. I polished it up, put it back on the bike. It was still in good enough shape to transfer it to the bike I ride now and still looks good.

Thumbs up for their pegs and grips for sure. I haven't tried anything else.

Dennis

Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I have several Kuryakyn products on my Ultra and I'm very happy with the quality, fit and looks.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM
SkipCarey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought one set of switchblade pegs and was sorely disappointed seems like cheap imported junk and overpriced

Skip

Quick Reply: Opinions on Kuryakyn products ?