Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bazooka MC-HD-AMK 4 Channel Amp? Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
4boogie
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine let out smoke when I turned it on waiting for a new amp and harness

Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM
aaazdaddy
Road Captain
Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Amp

Was checking out this thread, as my 2011 FLHXSE2 has a factory amp and ipod interface. The right speaker keeps cutting out and I suspect a bad amp, so I'm checking into options. Hawg Wired, Bazooka, etc. Looks like the Bazooka can be had on eBay for $239 shipped, but would like some feedback. I'm also concerned with it fitting with my ipod interface.

Comments appreciated! Thanks, Bob

Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not be so quick to think a bad amp, I might tend to lean more towards the radio or event a connection. Is there a certain time that the speaker cuts out, like say when you turn to the left or right, maybe when you hit a rough spot, or just randomly?

For the Bazooka, it is a good amp, the hardest part to fit was the plug it uses, I guess this is the one you are speaking of. I haven't had the Bazooka in a almost two years now, but I did have it in my bike with the ipod and cb.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
VRADMAN
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm using the Bazooka amp and plug and play harness with Polk MM651 in the fairing and Kicker 6x9s in the saddlebag lids. I'm very happy with the overall gain in clarity and volume at highway speeds. I don't use the CB or IPOD interface so can't comment on that part of it. For an easy, inexpensive plug and play system, IMO, I give it a thumbs up.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 AM
harleydog82
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Followed ultranutz's advice

Originally Posted by VRADMAN
I'm using the Bazooka amp and plug and play harness with Polk MM651 in the fairing and Kicker 6x9s in the saddlebag lids. I'm very happy with the overall gain in clarity and volume at highway speeds. I don't use the CB or IPOD interface so can't comment on that part of it. For an easy, inexpensive plug and play system, IMO, I give it a thumbs up.
I just finished installing this amp and set it up with a DDM I was able to read 12.49v gain is set to 12 o clock and I'm switched to HP position. I installed jbl-gto-6.5 speakers which give me incredible bass response plenty of boom boom with no distortion. Over all I am very pleased with the install thanks to everyone's input my install was no problem. I Velcro the cb under the HU and did the same with the amp ran my power lead and ground lead under the tank and was buttoned back up and ready to ride in 1 hour 15 minutes thanks in no small part to all of you who have contributed to this thread before me so a big thank you to all of you. If anyone is dissatisfied with their bass response with whatever speakers your running I highly recommend the JBL-GTO speakers they are a 3-way speaker too that I found on amazon for $63 and 2ohm.