Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawg Wired PSC/ZX Double Shot w/ ZX Series Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRMRC
Being component speakers - hows the bass ? I have 6.5 Hertz HCX's with an amp in my SG - They are awesome - I can hear my tunes @ 90mph - no BS , but they are coax , so I have little bass of course - just curious
Being a Coax speaker,........... doesn't cost you any bass.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Being a Coax speaker,........... doesn't cost you any bass.

Thank GP - I know you know your stuff - I was just curious if it did make a difference - I am pretty happy with those Hertz.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:04 AM
neano62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the tone of the Hawg-Wired speaker 6.5, than the Titan-Hertz.
I was able to give the Hawg-Wired speaker more frequency adjustment,thru the amp than I could the Titan-Hertz.

Along w/the Rockford Fosgate Power Seriers speaker, its a shallow mount speaker,they sound incredible together!

I couldnt be more Happy than I am w/what I've done!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 AM
BubbasHD
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I just plunked down my duckets on the new Double Shot ZX [PSC 1502] last night. I can't wait till they come in. I'll do a full photo op on the install and maybe a video.

If you're serious about the Hawg Wired, check their website dealer page. Chances are you'll find a dealer or three near you. Contact them, and ask if anyone in the shop has a Hawg Wired system you can come listen to. I got my package from a dealer just an hour away so I rode out there and was able to see an install up close, and listen to one that was in a tech's bike. They offered me the best price out of 5 different places I talked to, were considerably cheaper than Hawg Wired's "sale" pricing, and the dealer charged nothing for shipping to my door. [Sorry Frank]

CORRECTION: The 'hour away dealer' fell through - Frank saved the day! Thanks Frank!!! I have everything in stock and am anticipating installation this weekend.

Last edited by BubbasHD; 06-24-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:40 AM
BubbasHD
Advanced

All installed, no real troubles to speak of aside from fishing the power cable beneath the tank (inside the wiring channel) and having to tap the frame for a ground connection. (instead of replacing the wiring brace rivet that was there). Details: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rt-psc-zx.html

I would like to know if I've done something wrong though as this system doesn't have much bass at all. Very clear and crisp midrange and ear piercing highs though.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbasHD
All installed, no real troubles to speak of aside from fishing the power cable beneath the tank (inside the wiring channel) and having to tap the frame for a ground connection. (instead of replacing the wiring brace rivet that was there). Details: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rt-psc-zx.html

I would like to know if I've done something wrong though as this system doesn't have much bass at all. Very clear and crisp midrange and ear piercing highs though.
You may need to turn down the frequency? I was told by Hawg Wired to set it around 1 o'clock. That will allow more bass.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just put the Hawg Wired 6 Pack on my Street Glide.

How are you Guys with this system adjusting the AVC?

Thanks

Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 AM
BubbasHD
Advanced

UPDATE: I found it! (finally) There is a slider switch on the amp for 3 levels. (Low - Full - High)
I had it set on High which, of course, brought out all the nice clear highs in the sound. Returning the amp to "Full" did the trick and produces the best all around sound. (LOW was too muted for my taste, sound muffled.)

:-)

Old 08-23-2011, 04:55 AM
BubbasHD
Advanced

I turned my AVC off as I wasn't really interested in losing volume everytime I slowed down, at least not until the novelty of my new system wearts off! :-) I do turn it down manually though when I'm at stop lights and such - just to be polite. ;-) (depending on who's next to me that is)

Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM
BubbasHD
Advanced

Thanks PistonPuller. Yeah, I had Freq and Gain all over the place during testing. I even pulled the fairing several times after thinking I finally had the sweet spot. It turned out to be the other Crossover Setting (the selector switch) which I ended up setting to "Full" instead of "High." (much better now)