Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried that ridiculously priced LED headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:05 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockme2
I would love to see a pic of both the HD and the Kuryakyn LED head lights and spots. Anyone out there got 2 bikes with these set ups.
look here; http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf

Old 06-05-2011, 05:17 PM
CoastlineAmps
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by alkrisma
That is what sold me on the JW/HD LED's.......

Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ride with a guy that has a new '11 Street Glide with one of those headlights. I have to admit it is very bright and a good looking headlight but I would still have an issue spending that much. I hardly ever ride after dark.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
rockme2
2nd Gear

Thanks for the link alkrisma. I dont think the HD light photo well because the ones I have seen could be seen a lot farther away then a standard stock headlight.

Last edited by rockme2; 06-06-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 PM
dcurrie
Novice

I have to agree with the others here that like these lights. I have both the headlight and spots on my ultra. The difference between stock and LED is huge. I ride a lot at night and a lot of that is outside the city. I really like the way the spots light up the side of the road. I wouldn't go back to stock lights after having these. The are not cheap but I think well worth the money.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Mike Rice
Intermediate

You all need to give custom dynamics. com a try they sell a great hid system for the headlight and super leds for the passing lights. And oh by the way its just as inportant to be seen by others in the day time as it is for you to be able to see at night. These lights work great, Ive had friends tell me they can see me coming down the road in the day time about quarter to half mile away. They also have a great tech support group.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am dumb too. It is amazing to me the difference that these lights make. I got flashed during the day last week. Never had that happen before. The driver did not flash when I switched to high beams though. It gives me a kick to go out at night to see the Highway Signs look like they have there own lights on from about as far as you can see that there are any signs. The reflective markers all seem to have a light of their own when using the LED headlights. It is a new experience to ride with them at night. I had the HID light before, but it kept fogging the lens. Very little fogging with the LED lights. Nice!

Now about the costs, for the price you are getting a tough, bright, and durable (look at the hours rating) electronic device. How much $$$ for a pair new tubes to wake you my neighbors when I go to work????? I have seen some "ridiculous" prices for a pair of short tubes, you want chrome with that (just add $$$$)?

Old 06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is the thread in which a few posters have stated that the LED lights cannot be seen well in the daylight. This has not been my experience. Yesterday I was riding with several others and happened to be in the back. All the other riders asked "What did you do? All I could see was your headlight back there behind me!?"
Works for me.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:27 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Gotta say, finally got my spots installed on Saturday and rode around after aligning them, I was completely impressed. I do ride after sundown quite a bit...

Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
cycle recycler
Stage III

nokendo, what is your dealer name and location on the LED lights please? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried that ridiculously priced LED headlight?