Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried that ridiculously priced LED headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yes I did got the HD LED's on both bikes, I am very happy, I ride at night actually prefer it in the heat so lighting is important to me, plus I have OA disease (Old Age) my night vision is not up to Vampire strength anymore. I highly Recommend these if ya do any night riding, the reviews on the TL and the kury 7 light are pretty good too I just prefer the look of the HD light. We just had a death here in Fla with Car/Alligator meetings not more than 5 miles from my house on a road I ride a lot, the fkrs are horny right now and will cross the turnpike in rush hour to get a peice of a$$.

Best review I have seen for any product ever

http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf

Got my HD light from LSHD took 2 weeks to get the both just plug in the part number and look at discounted pricing.
http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront

I hope these lights come down in price, these things will save lots of night wrecks and deer colisions and possibly a few lives.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:24 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PIAA 100/85 watt headlight. 60 watt driving.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Truck-Lite headlight and it's great. Worth every penny, at about 1/2 the price of the HD branded LED headlight.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They are only rediculous untill you have them on your bike and then they are worth every cent.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 AM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

I do loads of high spped night riding, I have tried silverstars and HID's on my bike saved my chrome cash and bought the HID headlight and spots. I wiated till open house events and saved cash. The spots are great lighting up curbs and pot holes well in advance. The headlight is better light than either the HID's or the silverstar. In my opinion I am glad to have this set up. It is expensive but if it saves me from hitting a obsticle in the road itll be worth it. The Picture of the lights on HD's website is very accurate by the way. Half hour to install in the garage. the way i did my comparison was at night same roads, HId's and regular driving lights took a ride. Home swap complete another ride. Worth the price. My HID's are Mccollugh. Not a knock off cheap brand. Like others have said if you do lots of night time riding worth the $$ if not why spend it. JMHO

1Harleyrdr

Old 05-22-2011, 09:31 AM
bikehe
Tourer

I bought one for the wifes sporty and it put my baggers lights to shame, I was really impressed. We do night riding sometimes but not by choice and what all the reviews say are accurate. I ordered one for my bagger but theyre on back order from House of HD in W.I and hopefully will be shipped out at the end of the month. Well worth the $$ IMO

Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Going to say the same thing I've said in other threads, for about 1/10 the price you can go HID, about the same brightness, and I do drive at night. Just out of curiosity, are there any automotive companies running LED's? Don't get me wrong, I like them, just the pricing is way higher than it should be.
AUDI for one.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
Smile

I don't do much night driving but I had to have them along with BAL tail light and I'm happy!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Yes I saw a guy last week at HD shop getting installed on his 07C with 13K miles on it . I ask him if he rides at night lot his answer no but want to be seen by others in day light. I would put that kind of money in it if I ride at night, but I ride early morning some times but never through the night yet in last 87K in last 5 years.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:46 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put Truck Lite LEDs on headlamp and passing lamp (Kuryakyn) and the passing lamps make a huge difference. I've seen it posted before that we riders have no problem spending the $$ on bling but sometimes have a hard time spending it on safety items. I think we are all worth the costs.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried that ridiculously priced LED headlight?