Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally bought a dryer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Air Compressor at the right pressure works great for me!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Water spots is what bothers me. Does this help with that? How do you guys deal with water spots? I don't mind washing my bike but it seems like the real work starts after the washing is done. Ive been using a micro fiber towel to dry but I still have water spots on alot of them chrome and its a job polishing all of them out!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Cycle Dry Motorcycle Air Dryer, mostly up around the heads of the motor. Works good. Not too costly as I don't have a leaf blower and was not comfortable with that option. If I was to do it again or had to replace what I now have, the Air Shammy looks nice.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my Metro Air Force Blaster for 4 or 5 years now and don't know how I got along without it. Clean, warm air and reduces my cleaning time. It used to be fun cleaning the bike but now it's more of a chore. I must be getting older.

Last edited by Cornhusker; 05-21-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:01 AM
o-matt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Water spots is what bothers me. Does this help with that? How do you guys deal with water spots? I don't mind washing my bike but it seems like the real work starts after the washing is done. Ive been using a micro fiber towel to dry but I still have water spots on alot of them chrome and its a job polishing all of them out!
Yes, blow drying the bike immediately after washing effectively eliminates water spots. People always ask me: "Don't you get tired of polishing all that chrome?" To which I reply: "Who the hell polishes chrome?"

I wash it thoroughly and blow dry it and it looks perfect. Every few washes I apply a coat of Meguiar's #26 High Tech yellow wax to protect the paint and keep the water beading nicely.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by o-matt
Yes, blow drying the bike immediately after washing effectively eliminates water spots. People always ask me: "Don't you get tired of polishing all that chrome?" To which I reply: "Who the hell polishes chrome?"

I wash it thoroughly and blow dry it and it looks perfect. Every few washes I apply a coat of Meguiar's #26 High Tech yellow wax to protect the paint and keep the water beading nicely.
Do you wax the chrome to bead the water? It seems like I read once that adding Jet Dry for dishes into the wash bucket help but I've never tried it.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many years ago when my house was plummed and water softener installed, I had them include the outside faucet in the front of the house to run through the softener. No more water spotting. I don't wash my cars (manually) anymore but it still helps with the scoot.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Harleybart
4th Gear

+1 on the Metro Air Force. I bought mine about 4 years ago and I like the fact that the air is warm and filtered not to mention high velocity enough to get the water out of all the nooks and crannies but not hard enough to do any harm. I have never had any waterspots on anything after using it. Depending which model you get, they are a little more expensive than some of the others but I have 2 baggers that need attention so for me it was well worth the investiment.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

There is a little article there about using a air compressor. Something to think about, but then again air compressors have been used before these moto blowers came out.

Originally Posted by buggy
Does it work better than my air compressor with a blow gun on it?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:42 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you wax the chrome to bead the water? It seems like I read once that adding Jet Dry for dishes into the wash bucket help but I've never tried it.

i have hard water and it's a PITA to wash anything, I've been using turtle wax zip wax car wash, and so far so good no more spots, just have to rinse it off real good before you dry it, another good one is turtle wax ice car wash. but it's twice as much as the zip. I'm still using the old leaf blower it gets the job done.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a dryer