Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a Fuel Moto PC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
I have the dealer "download" tune that turns my D&D pipes yellow and I hear detonation especially when 2-up and going up a hill. Its time for a real fix.

How do y'all like yours if you have one?
You did good. You'll like it!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 PM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackja25
I have a pc v for over a year, and have only used the map from fuelmoto. Which was fine, it ran relatively well. Finally just two weeks ago I took it in to be tuned (DYNO). Oh my gosh, the fuel/air mixture was too lean. Now it is so much smoother, no matter where the throttle is. And the bike runs a lot cooler. I noticed that you are in Dallas and a good tuner is Sabin Performance Shady Trail in Dallas. Very resonable and will spend as much time with you and your questions that you want. You cant go wrong with the PCV and a good tune. But at least the PCV. HTH or pm if more questions on tuning.
Interesting you should say that. I got my PC-V from Fuelmoto and installed it about a month ago. Like you, I think the bike is running pretty well with the exception of some mild decel popping in the 1400-2100 RPM range. Nothing major or loud but you can hear it at least half the time, probably a sign she's a bit lean in that range.

Bottom line is Jamie's maps will definitely get you close, and he is more than willing to work with you if the first map doesn't work out, but there is nothing like having your bike dyno'd and dialed in. Something you might want to consider. I'm definitely going to go that route once I have the funds for the dyno.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had my pcv for almost a year and its good. First map from Jamie was dead on. No popping, runs cooler and gas mileage just dropped about 5 mpg.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Retired Navy Chief
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
Interesting you should say that. I got my PC-V from Fuelmoto and installed it about a month ago. Like you, I think the bike is running pretty well with the exception of some mild decel popping in the 1400-2100 RPM range. Nothing major or loud but you can hear it at least half the time, probably a sign she's a bit lean in that range.

Bottom line is Jamie's maps will definitely get you close, and he is more than willing to work with you if the first map doesn't work out, but there is nothing like having your bike dyno'd and dialed in. Something you might want to consider. I'm definitely going to go that route once I have the funds for the dyno.
So why would you want to have it dyno'd if you could spend close to the same amount for the auto-tuner? My '10 TK with fuelmoto 2-1-2 pipe and rinehart 3.5 slipons is starting to pop some too. I was thinking of getting the PC-V and auto tuner but read that others like you want a true dyno run. I don't know what way to go. Thanks for the advice.