Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Law Enforcement Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

as long as your bike does not have red and blue lights and as long as your helmet does not actaully have a badge/POLICE decaled on it you can wear one. You would be suprised how many people slow down when you are behind them lol. Unfortuneately they still turn in front of you even when your bike has the red and blues lol

Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ncdan
to meet the requirements for impersonating a LEO you must produce the I.D., not just wear a white helmet of ride a white bike.
I'm 99% sure this is a state thing, which means the requirements aren't the same in every state. Just sayin...

EDIT - A simple search shows the law in Alabama.

Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-10-11 - Impersonating peace officer

Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer

Section 13A-10-11 - Impersonating peace officer.

(a) A person commits the crime of impersonating a peace officer if he falsely pretends to be a peace officer and does any act in that capacity.
(b) Impersonating a peace officer is a Class C felony.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4550.)

Old 05-17-2011, 10:57 AM
lowprofile
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show some respect to the real police who put their life on the line daily,,are you a wannabe

Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I have spent 22 years in LE including 10 years as a motor. I don't think wearing a black and white helmet even remotely broaches on impersonating a police officer. I say if wearing an Orange or yellow or black and white helmet makes you more visible to the driving public more power to you. Based on the above code it would not be a problem in that state either. I doubt any state has reserved black and white helmets strictly for use by LE. Now if there are other motives then that changes everything. Local guy here rides an ex police bike and wears a black and white 1/2 helmet (we wear 3/4 and modulars) and never has raised a bit of concern.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
CoastlineAmps
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SgtThump
Section 13A-10-11 - Impersonating peace officer.

(a) A person commits the crime of impersonating a peace officer if he falsely pretends to be a peace officer and does any act in that capacity.
(b) Impersonating a peace officer is a Class C felony.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4550.)
That is a broad statement....I live in alabama and what are the guidelines...IMO, the only time to pretend to be a police oficer on a motorcycle is with lights and sirens....

Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
nickeenoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowprofile
Show some respect to the real police who put their life on the line daily,,are you a wannabe
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
lilricky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove an old Police Servi, it still had the the red/blue lights plus both sirens. When I went to get it inspected MHP said no problem, just don't use them.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ncdan
to meet the requirements for impersonating a LEO you must produce the I.D., not just wear a white helmet of ride a white bike.
+1 on that. There's a whole lot more to impersonating a LEO than what you wear, ride,or carry yourself

Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
CoastlineAmps
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by lilricky
I drove an old Police Servi, it still had the the red/blue lights plus both sirens. When I went to get it inspected MHP said no problem, just don't use them.

I would be tempted to use them on some ******** just for the hell of it. Especially my Ex-Wife......And a couple Employees I dislike.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Pete838
Cruiser

My dad just picked up a gloss white helmet with a flip down clear visor from the local stealer (Gainesville, FL). As soon as I saw it I thought 'cop helmet'. It is not an HD helmet.

Quick Reply: Law Enforcement Helmet