Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im annoyed... week of rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011 | 12:19 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

everyone's got something to gripe about.... my heart goes out to those being flooded by the Mississippi and to those effected by all the tornadoes.

here in South Texas, we've had less than 2" of rain in the past 135 days..... man, we're about to just burn up and blow away.

Old 05-18-2011 | 12:22 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
Well, here in South East Texas were in a drought, My truck hasn't moved in two months.
64 degrees at 7:00 this morning, high for the day is projected to be 86 degrees.

OK, where did I leave it........Oh Yeah, here it is.....

I rode to work today because the Weather Channel DOT com said 10% chance of rain........ just got back from lunch....in the rain.

Just kidding with the finger.......

Old 05-18-2011 | 12:33 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shooter5074
OK, where did I leave it........Oh Yeah, here it is.....

I rode to work today because the Weather Channel DOT com said 10% chance of rain........ just got back from lunch....in the rain.

Just kidding with the finger.......
Just had to rub it in a little. Give it two to three weeks and we will be into our afternoon thunder storm cycle and for the next 5 to 6 months it will be 20 to 30 percent chance everyday and 98 to 102 everyday.

I don't mind riding in the rain, I just hate cleaning it after riding in the rain!!!!

Old 05-18-2011 | 05:22 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ErikElvis
I know there have been posts about rain annoying people but it really just got to me. I was hoping to get out for maybe a short ride tomorrow(today). even to the store. but doesnt look like its gonna happen. rain all week. Im hoping they are right for sunday. near 80 and sunny. I should have just bought this thing 2 months later.
It was raining when I was getting ready for work today...so I put on my rainsuit and rode to work. Hey, it's just water. You will dry out. Don't let rain ruin your chances to ride.

Old 05-18-2011 | 05:29 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by smokindave
Think about the people dealing with flooding all the way down the Mississippi or the people without homes from over 300 tornadoes. The loss of not being able to ride your motorcycle just doesn't compare to those no longer with us. Count your blessings.
Well said Dave, We were without power for 7 days but I never complained the first time. Some People 1 mile from us had their house blown down on them and were killed. Count your Blessings!!

Old 05-18-2011 | 05:54 PM
DXTBIKER
Cruiser

Here its been cold and rainy all week, my yard looks like a pond. Should be a boater, instead of a biker. lol

Old 05-18-2011 | 05:58 PM
airchuk
Cruiser

I gave up and busted out the rain gear. I'm not losing the entire season because of rain. I already lost the entire month of April. May? I'm getting wet.

Old 05-19-2011 | 11:35 AM
audettd
Tourer

It became offical this week....wettest spring on record for the state of VT. 15.75 inches of rain since March 1st...and we've got over a week to go before the end of spring offically. I don't mind riding in the rain if I have to or touring....but this is a bit different. I do feel lucky that we haven't had the kind of spring some other parts of the country have had...so in a way we are blessed. Ride safe!

Old 05-19-2011 | 12:36 PM
angelrod
Road Captain

moved here in SoCal , like the songs said IT' DOESN'T RAIN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA we ride here all year round. hehehe

Old 05-20-2011 | 12:35 PM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by angelrod
moved here in SoCal , like the songs said IT' DOESN'T RAIN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA we ride here all year round. hehehe
I went to boot camp in San Diego and spent 18 months at Camp Pendleton. You can have the brown skies. There are a lot of places outside of the metropolis that`s cool there but near the coast sucks with your traffic jams and such.

Quick Reply: Im annoyed... week of rain