Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed the Cat and added V&H M/Ovals

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
i removed the cat from my headpipe with about 3000 miles on the clock. didn't do the full stage 1 until 14,000 on the odo over about 9 months. all i did was remove the cat and add the se nightstick slip on. the bike ran great. no pinging, no rough running, etc. still quiet enough to enjoy the radio on the road, but the exhaust had enough bark to let someone know you were there.

finally did the full stage 1 after i got my tax refund and got the powervision and se ac from fuel moto. bike ran good before, runs great now.
Thanks Skratch, that is the comparison "of like" of what I was looking for.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

CWO4, I guess he was talking to me, and if I am right, then I guess I did help him,, from everything I know about internal combustion engines, yes, you can get DETAILED info from a dyno/fuel management computer readout. HOWEVER way back in the day, when these things had carburetors, and spark plugs,,,, and before the days of computers, guys used to tune by exactly the same thing I mentioned,, listen for spark knock/pinging,, and watch the pipes where they come out of the heads, rainbow colors told you it was running hot IIRC....
So my post was simply to bring up the fact that maybe yes, an "Exhaust gas analysis machine" would tell you,, but there are other "Shade tree" ways to have an idea, and let him know if he needs to check further with a computer...