Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm system questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 AM
DaveHead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm system questions...

Anyone use a second alarm on top of their factory security?

I was going to upgrade my 09 Road King's factory alarm with the Siren II but instead am thinking about adding the Gorilla 8017. IN THE LINK THERE BELOW.

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo...5454063&sr=8-1

I don't think I'll have any issues with the two alarm systems conflicting but I'm new to this bike so figured I'd ask.

I'm just really wanting the shock sensor feature that the HD systems don't offer. I tend to park in rather remote areas and want to actually know before someone is sitting on top of my bike. I thought about a perimeter system too but think that might just be more annoying than needed unless I find a system where I can easily turn it on and off....

Thoughts or suggestions of other alarm systems and how this should work out?

Thanx,

Old 05-15-2011, 07:05 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveHead
Anyone use a second alarm on top of their factory security?

I was going to upgrade my 09 Road King's factory alarm with the Siren II but instead am thinking about adding the Gorilla 8017. IN THE LINK THERE BELOW.

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo...5454063&sr=8-1

I don't think I'll have any issues with the two alarm systems conflicting but I'm new to this bike so figured I'd ask.

I'm just really wanting the shock sensor feature that the HD systems don't offer. I tend to park in rather remote areas and want to actually know before someone is sitting on top of my bike. I thought about a perimeter system too but think that might just be more annoying than needed unless I find a system where I can easily turn it on and off....

Thoughts or suggestions of other alarm systems and how this should work out?

Thanx,

Good product & price but in my opinion, it's over kill if you already have the HD factory security system with the siren. If anything, just stick a Radio Shack siren on there along with the HD siren for a louder wake up call to the perp moving or sitting on your bike. If they want it bad enough, it's gone unless it's locked inside a garage with a pitbull guarding it.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can add 2 radio shack sirens for less then $15.00, unless you plan on staying up all night to see if alarm goes off, they work fine. Best security and piece of mind is non logo cover, and full insurance coverage, never lost a good nights sleep yet on a road trip.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 PM
DaveHead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ucommbxny
You can add 2 radio shack sirens for less then $15.00, unless you plan on staying up all night to see if alarm goes off, they work fine. Best security and piece of mind is non logo cover, and full insurance coverage, never lost a good nights sleep yet on a road trip.
Yeah I read about these Radioshack sirens... I think the pagers are a bit silly so I'm not sold on that but...

The idea of being able to optionally turn on a more sensitive alarm sensor that has shock and/or perimeter, rather than the HD lead sensor only is moreorless why I'm looking to double up...

I'm just not sure if the HD alarm system electrical system monitor, or the aftermarkets, will fight each other... For example when the HD system arms and disarms if I have the aftermarket system still armed will the aftermarket system sense the current changes and start screaming?