Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody tried the Progressive 940 shock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the 13" HD 940s on my RKC since last November and really like them. You can have some custom shocks built to your spec by a few forum sponsors form ~x3 $$$, but these work great for me (6'1" 290lbs).

-Dusty

Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
There isnt any technical info as far as what rider/passanger and max load weight these will handle.At least I could'nt find any on their site.
I know some of the other companies set the shocks up for the riders weight etc-,maybe this why they are more expensive.
Also with these being lower,any issues with bottoming out the tire and fender and how about the lowered effect on the jiffy stand?

So can anyone chime in?
The 940's lower the bike 1", as per the info on Progressive website. The HD Profile shocks lower the bike 1 1/2". I have the Profile and have had no problems with kickstand or fender clearance. It's the same setup as StreetGlide. Kind of a harsh ride.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Daddio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from the 13" stockers to the 12" Street Glide stockers to the Proressive 940's on my 2010 LTD. The Progressive are certainly the best of the lot...still need to spend some time and tweak them for my individual situation/ride conditions. Cant really compare them to any "higher end" shocks on the market since I have never ridden on any of those, but for the $465 bucks with free shipping I am satisfied. The improvement is quite noticeable. So far no more bottoming out with the old girls extra 110 lbs on the back, and the cornering and lane changing at freeway cruising speeds seem much more solid and responsive than with the Harley air-shocks...smoother, yet firmer, if that makes any sense?...
Next i need to do something with the front end characteristics...thinking on maybe just adding the Intiminator dampener hookup...hopefully that combined with the new shocks will improve that damn front end dipping and bouncing and smooth and balance it all out...anyone out there have those two items combined on there front & rear that they can offer some comments or feedback on...on know where to find the Intiminators at the best price?