Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

real world info on FM 107 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the info redhwk...anyone have pinging with this.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
motordad
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I also had Fuel Moto do the 107" kit to my bike this past week. Kept the factory heads. Dyno'd from 76 hp/91 tq to 106hp/121 tq. Ride home was 95 miles down to Milwaukee and was powerful and smooth. Jamie was outstanding to work with. Don't have enough miles to judge properly but so far so fabulous.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
fxdxrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pick mine up on Tuesday with the FM 107 kit installed. Already have TW6 and Jackpots. When I saw the barrels bored out they do look a bit thin but as many professional outfits are doing this and I hear of no failures (or trend of failures) I'm reassured. Cranks are an issue if you do the heads I understand, for a basic and mild bore and cam it's not generally seen as necessary.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:13 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by motordad
I also had Fuel Moto do the 107" kit to my bike this past week. Kept the factory heads. Dyno'd from 76 hp/91 tq to 106hp/121 tq. Ride home was 95 miles down to Milwaukee and was powerful and smooth. Jamie was outstanding to work with. Don't have enough miles to judge properly but so far so fabulous.

Did you put the compression releases in? Any trouble starting hot? do you wish you would of installed them? how the roll on in 6th gear? thats a great mod and I would say well worth the funds!! Bet its a blast.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:38 PM
motordad
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the 2010 Limited which came with the Automatic Compression Releases. Sixth gear pass on the freeway was effortless. Sounds like and feels like a completely new bike.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Got 40k miles on my HQ 107, 30+K with a bad tune, bike runs better now than when motor first installed due to popper tuning by Ed at Dynodifference in Dallas. Bike ran the Hoka Hey , Key West to Homer Ak, done the BRP many times and a long way trip back from Seattle vis Sturgis, Bad Lands and Dallas. No worries about durability of the 107. Just put FM 107 BB kit with heads done by Bigboyz on my 09 Dyna, will put in the 54 cam this week instead of the 555, will see how this turns out. Longevity is not a concern at all in my book.

Just do it man or save and go with the 120R.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
vanman59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default about 2,500 miles on it so far

I had the heads done for auto compression releases: $200, included new valves seals and Tilley HD of Salisbury NC cleaned the heads and installed the releases I purchased. Installed the HD premium oil cooler too. I did all the work myself (first time getting into a Harley engine). Everything was straight forward. The only problem I had was the pushrod adjustment. I wish someone would have told me to make sure you push the upper tube all the way into the head and oring, make sure you feel it snap or pop into place. It will make installing the little tool to keep the tubes apart easier. I took about four or five days to do they work. I took my manual to UPS and had them cut the book apart so I could copy the pages I needed. I made a notebook of all the pages to do the complete install plus I made a word document of ATrains cam and big bore kit install. This made everything seem easier to be able to refer to pictures and someone else's experience as I did my work. I don't hink I needed the auto compression releases, I basically put them in because the factory 103s have them. I do think the oil cooler is a help though. I am currently in Little Rock AR, rode from Charlotte NC and am leaving for Biloxi MS in the morning. Wouldn't hesitate to ride anywhere. The bike has incredible acceleration and runs hard and strong. My budies tell me when I roll on they can see the front end lift and I'm gone. Would do ita again and recommend doing it to anyone. In fact my friends want to do theirs as soon as the warranty runs out...

Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior

thanks guys...anyone else out there with some miles on their 107?

Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pittz5
thanks guys...anyone else out there with some miles on their 107?
I have the full H-Q 107 st on my 2010 ultra. Had it installed when the bike was new ( 500 miles ).
12 k trouble free miles. Bike runs GREAT!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 1,500 miles on my Fuel Moto 107. I had a street port done by Big Boyz and I am running the TW6-6 cams since they are so close to the 555s. The difference is amazing. With this setup there is more power in all ranges but you can feel the power pour on from 2700 rpm on up. If anything, this platform is much better for touring than stock. The power range is right where it matters for passing on the highway, and you get a lot of extra giddeup in second, third, and fourth gears.

The bike starts just fine without CR's but I did have manual CR's installed just in case. If I had to do it all over again, I would spend the money on head work. Previously I thought the improvement was too expensive for the money, but if the Fuel Moto B heads make as big of a difference as advertised, then you may as well do them now instead of messing with it later.

A lot has been said about the cranks needing work. If you are going to ride like a madman all the time and you intend to keep your bike for many years, then I'd be looking at different options. In my non-expert opinion by the time you spend money on splitting cases and doing crank work, you may as well explore options other than a 107. For occasional hot ******* with a 107, I wouldn't spend the money on the crank; it just doesn't make sense. If I can get my 107 to scissor the crank, which probably won't happen, then I will consider it an excuse to do a top of the line build with more cubic inches.

Quick Reply: real world info on FM 107 kit