Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&d fat cats hitting

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 AM
William The Red
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&d fat cats hitting

? for those of you with the d&d fat cats and a 2010 flhx. How much clearness do you have between the rear brake clevis pin from the pedal to master cylinder reservoir. The reason I ask I have only about 1/8". Did I do something wrong are is this normal ?
Thanks

Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That,s right, caught Hell trying to get that pin out to replace my brake lever, to lazy to take the pipes off, skinned knuckles and a few choice words got er done

Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they're very close - mine even "clanged" on the rear brake lever. My mechanic sorted that out - now it's great!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are having issues with anything being too close (D&D's sits close to many parts) you can double up on the s/e flat gaskets in the head ports if you wish. I ride a softail and it is really close to the cam cover but has never hit. This is Leonard from D&D's advice.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

HERE's my thread from a while ago showing how the brake rubbed into the Fatcat and wore down the lever where the pin is...........rubbed almost all the way through the pipe. D&D had to give me another pipe. Now my current pipe is at the machine shop because the 02 sensor bungs are not deep enough to allow the sensors to sit properly in the exhaust flow and it is causing havoc with me attempting to tune it with the TTS. Personally, I'm not all too happy with "Leonard" and his statements he has made about certain things. I still have an issue with them sitting too close and I had to put spacers behind the bracket that attaches to the transmission to push the pipe out and away from brake lever and pin.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My V&H fit great.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm just repeating what he told me. I have had no issues with my fatcat. Sorry for everyone's troubles. That sucks.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same thing happen. Clevis pin nearly perforated the pipe. Took it to service department at the dealer, they replaced the headpipe, and configured for proper clearance.
All service and replacement was free. HD of North TX

Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only have a slight gap on too. It real close and I was worried, but I have been keeping a eye on it. Ill keep an eye on that clevis pin to see if I see any wear and every once in awhile Ill get under there with a flashlight to see if I see anything. Great pipe though I hope everything work out, I have had mine on for about 5 months now

Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 AM
William The Red
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's cool but I dont live in TX

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
I had the same thing happen. Clevis pin nearly perforated the pipe. Took it to service department at the dealer, they replaced the headpipe, and configured for proper clearance.
All service and replacement was free. HD of North TX
I see the stock head pipe has a recess in that area. My pipe was working it's way into being perforated. Did the service department re configured it with a hammer. I do thank you for the info not trying to be smart ess. I just don't see any other way to get the clearance.

Quick Reply: D&d fat cats hitting