Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Phoenix questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Two Phoenix questions

Is 88 from Roosevelt Lake through Tortilla Flats to Apache Junction paved? Closest dealer to the Diamondbacks Ballpark?

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 05-12-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyboyddk
Is 88 from Roosevelt Lake through Tortilla Flats to Apache Junction paved? Closest dealer to the Diamondbacks Ballpark?
NO!!!! It is a dirt road from 1 mile past Tortilla Flats to the Roosevelt Dam. Very rough in spots, not the place to take a Harley. I'd take my 4wd Bronco on that road but not my Ultra or my cars.

Chase Field is in downtown Phoenix. The nearest HD dealer is either Chester's HD in Mesa, Chandler HD, or Buddy Stubbs HD on Cave Creek Rd., depending on if you want to go east, south or north of downtown.

Last edited by slhanks4; 05-12-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And most of the dirt portion is one lane with no guard rails. The last time I was on that road - in my truck, returning from Globe - it was closed. Had to turn around and go back to 188.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slhanks4
NO!!!! It is a dirt road from 1 mile past Tortilla Flats to the Roosevelt Dam. Very rough in spots, not the place to take a Harley. I'd take my 4wd Bronco on that road but not my Ultra or my cars.

Chase Field is in downtown Phoenix. The nearest HD dealer is either Chester's HD in Mesa, Chandler HD, or Buddy Stubbs HD on Cave Creek Rd., depending on if you want to go east, south or north of downtown.
Like was stated above, between the dam and TF it's off-road conditions, even though there's a road there......Sort of. Between TF and Apache Junction, it's not too bad. If you're determined to ride between TF and AJ, which is actually a fun ride, I would recommend stopping at Goldfield. It's an old mining town that's a tourist attraction now. It's kinda cool to visit a few times. And they have a fantastic steak house.

Arrowhead HD is closer to Chase Field than Chester's is.

In order of closeness to Chase Field, I would say Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, then Arrowhead, then Chesters, then Chandler.

There are actually two Buddy Stubbs dealerships in Phoenix, One in Phoenix and one in Anthem. Anthem would be a bit far of a ride....hehehe

Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Depending on the time of day, Chandler HD is likely the shortest drive from downtown as it's almost all on I-10. Getting up to Peoria (Arrowhead) in the most direct route would be Grand Ave - lots of lights. Stubbs on Cave Creek is mostly a straight shot up 51. Chester's is 10 to 60, so few lights.
But really, they are all between 15 and 20 miles from the ball park, so not much difference in travel times depending on traffic (day & time of day).

Old 05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The distance isn't the concern for me. I will ride the extra miles to visit Chester's vs the closer dealer to my house. Good customer service from my own personal experience. Sounds like you will be heading in that direction anyway.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2of2
The distance isn't the concern for me. I will ride the extra miles to visit Chester's vs the closer dealer to my house. Good customer service from my own personal experience. Sounds like you will be heading in that direction anyway.
Yeah. That's the same reason I visit Buddy Stubbs. It's just a bonus that they're only about 10 miles from my house.....hehehe

Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Naturally, everyone will have their favorite dealer, but the OP asked for the closest one to Chase Field. Arrowhead, Chester's, Chandler and Buddy Stubbs are all between 15 - 20 miles. The difference will be travel times - dependent on traffic (day and time of day). Outside of weekday rush hour and ADOT closures it's a coin toss.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the great info. Going to the Diamondbacks/Twins games and three days riding afterwards. Staying at the Sheridan near Chase Field so can walk to game and drink and eat back to Sheridan on foot without a DUI. I drive commercial trucks and don't need to lose my job...Goldfield? Steakhouse! Steak, it's what's for dinner. When I check in on the road, I always ask for the best steakhouse in the area. Great Bike ride followed by great steak and beer. What a great country. Work next 5 days, then I'm in Arizona.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 05-13-2011 at 12:22 AM.