Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable Backrest & luggage rack

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
maybbmay
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable Backrest & luggage rack

I'v been reading for awhile...first time posting. Here goes....

Have a 2006 Street Glide with a Corbin seat. First of all, love the seat but the wife hates the backrest. The backrest is so short, it's painful for ride for any type of extended time.

I'm looking at adding the HD Detachable Tall Backrest for her, but I wasn't sure how it would work with what I currently have installed. I have the HD stealth luggage rack installed that I'd like to continue using. If I add the backrest, is it going to interfere with the luggage rack? From what I understand I'll have to add the detachable hardware kit as well.

I'm trying to save myself from buying $300 in parts, to only find out it won't fit or that I'd have to buy another luggage rack.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Will work with rack using detach mount.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 AM
talane
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a detachable luggage rack for 86 electra glide

Can anyone tell me if there is a company that makes a detachable Luggage rack for an 86 Electra Glide?

Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you get the 4-point Docking Hardware, both a backrest and a luggage rack will work. If you use the 2-point you can use one or the other. If you look through the Parts Catalog I think it will tell you what will work with 2-point and 4-point. I've put the 4-point on every bike and use it for Backrest, Luggage rack Ione or the other or both) and a Tour-Pak when I need it.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
If you get the 4-point Docking Hardware, both a backrest and a luggage rack will work. If you use the 2-point you can use one or the other. If you look through the Parts Catalog I think it will tell you what will work with 2-point and 4-point. I've put the 4-point on every bike and use it for Backrest, Luggage rack Ione or the other or both) and a Tour-Pak when I need it.
Yup. Dealer threw in a 4 point dock and back rest with my new SG. I installed it over the weekend. Afterward I opted for a HD Air Wing rack with light. It snapped right on.
Wife has her own bike so likely will be riding with the rack only installed. I'd pop that off also, but since it now has a light on the rack I'd have to remove the seat to unplug it every time.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Had he 4pt dock system since day one. It's definitely worth it. GF loves the low backrest, and the luggage rack pops on and off like a piece of cake. I also have a Corbin, and it works well with the backrest.