Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no cat stock mufflers whats that like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CWO4
My catless 10 RKC with stock mufflers, stage 1 AC and PCV is louder than a stock 09. So I think the 10 and 11 mufflers are more free flowing. The 10's gutted head pipe chamber might also be larger than an 09's, which I think gives it a deeper sound. Wish I had the know-how to post a recording.

If you can record one on your phone or camera etc you should be able to upload it to You Tube or Photobucket

Here is one I did just messing around with my phone.....I think the stock pipes don't sound too bad at all

Ok hold on a sec...I screwed up the video insertion

Last edited by Port Dawg; 05-10-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

http://youtu.be/dWRCCvw6ax4

Ok maybe it isnt so easy lol

Last edited by Port Dawg; 05-10-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCCvw6ax4

3rd time is the charm....so easy I was faking myself out...just copy and paste link at top of YouTube dee de

Old 05-10-2011, 08:00 PM
CWO4
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Port Dawg;8302688]If you can record one on your phone or camera etc you should be able to upload it to You Tube or Photobucket

Here is one I did just messing around with my phone.....I think the stock pipes don't sound too bad at all

Ok hold on a sec...I screwed up the video insertion
[/QUOTE

Well Port Dawg, you're not making it look easy to post a recording, lol!

Anyways, I'm real happy with the sound and performance with stock mufflers and cat removed. The loss of low end torque isn't noticable while the mid and high range increase in torque is. I think the AC and PCV with Fuel Moto map has more to do with that than the cat removal, though.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a standstill vid of my 2009 RK with 2010 cat-less CVO mufflers. This vid doesn't do them justice as they're quite a bit barkier when on the gas while riding. I'll do a ride-by vid when it stops raining here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqc5mKwwfM

Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Yeah I sort of goobered that up huh.............lol It was so easy that I overthought how to do it

Twin.....thanks for the vid! Sounds nice

Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running cat-less on a 2010-11 scoot without a tuner have any problems throwing CEL's? Any reported problems at all without a tuner and cat-less?

Thanks,
-fish-

Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dansflhti
On my 09 cat-less Classic I did the SE AC,HD download and a set of V&H Monster Rounds .It sure woke the motor up,I love the pipes at idle and the look,but I wasn't sure if I could ride a 500 mile day with the MRs.A week ago I took off the MRs and reinstalled the stock mufflers,geez what a peaceful ride.Now I'm looking for a set of CVO slip-ons.Like the OP,I'm wondering if the stock pipes decrease the ability of the motor to breathe?Should I go back to the stock breather?Are the CVO pipes any freer flowing?
Just installed a set of Monster rounds going from a set of twin slash ovals and I gotta tell you. They are way quiet. Can't understand how you would think they are loud.
maybe they will get louder with time but if not the ovals are going back on her.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 09 cat-less Classic I did the SE AC,HD download and a set of V&H Monster Rounds .It sure woke the motor up,I love the pipes at idle and the look,but I wasn't sure if I could ride a 500 mile day with the MRs.A week ago I took off the MRs and reinstalled the stock mufflers,geez what a peaceful ride.Now I'm looking for a set of CVO slip-ons.Like the OP,I'm wondering if the stock pipes decrease the ability of the motor to breathe?Should I go back to the stock breather?Are the CVO pipes any freer flowing?
If you can see straight through them then flow shouldn't be a problem.
MR's have a block baffle in them preventing a look through and flow as well.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The 2009~ CVO mufflers are freer flowing than the stock '09 mufflers. If you look inside the end opening of your left '09 muffler you'll notice that it's plugged up, while your right muffler is not. On the CVO mufflers, the left has the same open design as the right muffler so it flows better.

Make sure you get a 2009 or later CVO mufflers because the earlier mufflers had cats in them.

Last edited by Twinrider; 05-12-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Quick Reply: no cat stock mufflers whats that like?