Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for feedback on the HD Hammock seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for feedback on the HD Hammock seat

I am looking to purchase a new seat. I have read and researched til my eyes hurt but I still havent come up with a solution. Is there anyone out there that has the HD Hammock seat PN 52000003? What are your likes or dislikes about it? Does it change the position of the rider from the original location of a stock seat? How is the comfort level for the passenger compared to stock? I have to keep momma happy too.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-09-2011, 01:18 PM
motorsgt8
Advanced

I have the heated hammock, and consider it the best additon as far as a seat goes that is out there.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:41 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 593 Likes on 430 Posts

I've had both versions on the hammock seat. First I had the 53051-09 with just the riders section in hammock. That was the best Harley seat I've owned. It moves the rider back about 1" and the BSR seat was better than the sundowner or stock seats I've been told. My buddy bought that from me as I wanted a Heated seat so I bought the 5200003 hammock seat with heat. Its the same seat your asking about but with heat added. Its comfortable but doesn't change the riding position as the 1st 1 did. Both seats will raise the rider up about 1".
I messed up selling the 1st 1 before trying the heated seat. My buddy loves the seat I sold him and I still miss it. One day I'll buy another 1. You can tell it because it has the Harley-Davidson logo on both sides of the passenger section of the seat.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Thanks for the input so far. Did your passengers notice any difference in comfort?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Road Zep.but have heard great things about the Hammock.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the heated hammock one very nice seat lowers me about a inch very comfy love the heat

Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the first version and the rider portion was real nice with one exception it was not very deep so a back rest is s must. The wife did not like it at all it tended to lean her forward and she hated it we did on ride on it and got the thumbs down from her so it had to go. I went with the C&C Super Sport Tourer this is the seat that will remain on our ride!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
I tried the first version and the rider portion was real nice with one exception it was not very deep so a back rest is s must. The wife did not like it at all it tended to lean her forward and she hated it we did on ride on it and got the thumbs down from her so it had to go. I went with the C&C Super Sport Tourer this is the seat that will remain on our ride!
Thanks for the input. How did it make her lean forward? Did you replace the passenger backrest too? Did the sloping angle of the seat cause her to lean forward?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Well so far from this forum and PMs, there has only been one negative comment about comfort. I did read in another post that one feller had a problem with the underside of his seat hitting the ECM, but with anything else, nothing is perfect 100% of the time. A few defects are to be expected. This is looking more and more like the one. I am now considering the heat option more than I had first thought, because so many on here have mentioned they have the heated versions and love it. If this is the one I do finally order, I will post my opinion of it when we return from our trip. We are riding from Nashville to the Badlands SD next month. We are planning on being gone for 2 weeks. That should give us plenty of seat time to assess and evaluate this or another seat.

Thanks again for the input so far.
Brian

Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
MTGlide
Cruiser

Great seat for the rider but my wife tells me that she slides forward because of the way the rear seat slopes.

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on the HD Hammock seat