Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for feedback on the HD Hammock seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTGlide
Great seat for the rider but my wife tells me that she slides forward because of the way the rear seat slopes.
Can you explain this more? Is this seat more flat (for passenger) than the stock seat versus angled allowing her to slide forward when breaking or does she slide forward for other reasons (bumps, material from which it is made out of, etc)?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by T K Glider
I have the Road Zep.but have heard great things about the Hammock.
How do you like the Road Zep? Did it change your position (up, down, forward or back) versus the stock seat? Do the air bladders really help changing the pressure points when you ride?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Am I correct in asuming that this seat works well for the short legged folks out there?

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,823 Likes on 4,954 Posts

my seat of choice when taking long trips, wife says it is very comfy for her too.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
my seat of choice when taking long trips, wife says it is very comfy for her too.
Thanks for the input. What kinda miles did you put on per day with this seat? Yes I understand there are many variables with this but just trying to get a rough feel for what guys are doing in a day with this seat.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
Am I correct in asuming that this seat works well for the short legged folks out there?
Not sure. I have a 32" inseam. No one has said anything about it moving the rider forward or back. Only a couple of folks have mentioned it raising or lowering the rider.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Brightonrider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09ultraclassicrider
I am looking to purchase a new seat. I have read and researched til my eyes hurt but I still havent come up with a solution. Is there anyone out there that has the HD Hammock seat PN 52000003? What are your likes or dislikes about it? Does it change the position of the rider from the original location of a stock seat? How is the comfort level for the passenger compared to stock? I have to keep momma happy too.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian

I bought one for my 2010 Road Glide. The bike rode rough with stock seat...hurt my back. I love the Hammock seat. Very comfortable and really nice when you hit a bump. Probably saved my back. My wife loves the passenger seat. So much better than stock. Can ride all day now. I went from feeling that the Road Glide was the worst riding bike I ever had...to now one of the best. Not much difference in seating position. It's a must buy for the Road Glide...it sits so low you need something to soften those bumps.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Brightonrider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to mention. I got rid of the stock seat on my 2010 at 800 miles.
I've had the Hammock for 1 year now...22,500 miles with it. Couldn't be happier!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brightonrider
Brian

I bought one for my 2010 Road Glide. The bike rode rough with stock seat...hurt my back. I love the Hammock seat. Very comfortable and really nice when you hit a bump. Probably saved my back. My wife loves the passenger seat. So much better than stock. Can ride all day now. I went from feeling that the Road Glide was the worst riding bike I ever had...to now one of the best. Not much difference in seating position. It's a must buy for the Road Glide...it sits so low you need something to soften those bumps.
Thanks. I continue to hear more and more good things about this seat. I haven't come across anyone yet that just absolutely hated it or wouldnt recommend it.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Jeeper_4_Life
2nd Gear

I have an 09 Street Glide. The stock seat sucked so I bought a Mustang Solo with passenger pillon. I ran that up until this Christmas and then I bought the newer Hammock without heat. So far I am fairly happy with it. I have not been able to go on an all day ride/trip yet, but I have done a 200 mile day and was surprised at how I felt afterwards. Seems like I could go farther without the burn/pain in the ***. I did have to put a back rest on because there is no back support with it.

My Mustang set me back 1-2" and down about 1-2" vs stock, so it let me stretch my legs, but had to reach for the bars. The Hammock set me up at least an 1" and forward about as much vs the Mustang, but it is still fairly comfortable. The increase in height is noticeable, with an 8" windsheild I was looking just over the edge with the Mustang, but now I look over it by an 1" or more. I also seem to have to reach down at the handlebars.

My wife seems to like it better than the Mustang too. She hasn't complained about sliding forward at all, so maybe they changed it from the older version. With me sitting up higher her head is now lower or the same height as mine, so she has to look around me to see. She also mentioned that the backrest hits her lower than when we had the Mustang on it.

It does seems like we can ride farther, but until we do a 300 mile or 400 mile day ride or trip that will be the real test. The only thing I have issues with is the looks. It looks kind of big and fat, not very streamlined.

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on the HD Hammock seat