Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Convertable

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, you've gotta really good looking bike there, from a road king to an electra glide , got it all covered. what kinda bars are you using?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stafford
Yep, you've gotta really good looking bike there, from a road king to an electra glide , got it all covered. what kinda bars are you using?
The bars are Wildones 502's 12.5 Apes. Should Have went 14's

Old 06-06-2011, 06:45 AM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

You know what once I got my 12.5's I thought the same thing.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha, Thats funny, I wish my 12.5's were 14's as well. Live and learn.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Mr. Nellis
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower Fairings Alone

Texas Rapier,
I would love to be able to do all this; I especially like the lower fairings on the RK. What can you say about the airflow over the rider with just the lower fairings (when there is no front fairing)? Do you find the lower fairing directs the air UP into your upper body and head, even when there is a windshield in place? Thanks for any feedback on how the lower fairing affects the airflow.

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've taken a similar approach with my bike, although I don't plan on adding the tourpak, since I never ride two-up. I usually go one of two ways... with the fairing, lowers and hard bags, or stripped down, windshield or no windshield, no lowers, leather bags.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Now you just have to swap out the bag guards for the comfort profile style, and momma will really be happy!

Now that I have my FXR3, my Batking never gets stripped down. Best of both worlds
Hay Johnny, My Wife is 5'10 135 pounds. She is nothing but legs, the bar has never been a issue. I did put the peg mounts in it's highest holes, but not to help her clear the crash bar. her knees make good arm rests.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice bike!!!

I love my RKC but I would not mind having the versatility of your bike. From street cruiser to full touring bike. Cool!!

So, who makes the fairing?
Is it quick release like the windshield?
How about when you consider the electrical for the radio and such?

Does anyone know??? Can the RKC saddlebags be replaced with the RK saddlebags easily. I mean, just remove the RKC bags and install the RK bags onto the RKC brackets?

I am thinking about winter riding. I am not sure I want to get my leather covered bags soaked in a rain storm. And, they are not very water tight. Or, lockable.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Matt0987
Nice bike!!!

I love my RKC but I would not mind having the versatility of your bike. From street cruiser to full touring bike. Cool!!

So, who makes the fairing?
Is it quick release like the windshield?
How about when you consider the electrical for the radio and such?

Does anyone know??? Can the RKC saddlebags be replaced with the RK saddlebags easily. I mean, just remove the RKC bags and install the RK bags onto the RKC brackets?

I am thinking about winter riding. I am not sure I want to get my leather covered bags soaked in a rain storm. And, they are not very water tight. Or, lockable.
The Fairing is made buy a person here in the U.S. that turns out 15 to 20 a year. PM me if your interested and I'll send you his contact info. The primary features I selected this fairing for where the back mounted 6x9's and the 2" gauge hole where I mounted a tach.

The fairing has one connecter plug (4 wires) and the fairing can be pulled from the bike in less than 30 sec.

I currently have an mp3 player mounted near the left grip, I can control song choice and volume from it.

I'm preping to make some changes to the fairing. Sony stereo with the ipod slide in. Put the stereo control in the grips and a biketronics controller for the stereo which will give me the same radio controls as the Glides.

Here is a link to the set-up and build of the fairing.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-fairing.html

I know several people have changed from the soft to the hard bags, but I don't know what is require.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:42 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt0987

Yes, you just have to adjust the brackets a bit.

Quick Reply: Road King Convertable