Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone get new bike for less then msrp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default 09 Road King

I bought my 09 Road King 2 weeks after the 2010's were released. It's hard to place an EXACT figure (traded in an 08 Sportster) but by my estimates I got about 10% off the "suggested" price, no set-up or destination charges, taxes included (7%)! This was a left over that the dealer was HIGHLY motivated to get rid of. When the salesman threw out a "delivered" price,(I only wanted a finished, delivered, w/tax - everything but tags price), I knew the deal was done. All that remained was how much the trade was worth. He may have gone purposely low on the "out the door" price but he offered a very fair trade.
Keep in mind that the bike market had just crashed, not that it had stopped but it was pretty darn dead. I was also writing a check and paying in full at the time. Of course I purchased the 1st round of mods at the time and paid a discounted price on parts and regular shop rates on labor. I did get screwed when I picked the bike up. I was so excited that I forgot to get my "free" t-shirt that he promised me!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Coach1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Street Glide 4 weeks ago. "In Season as they Say". The dealer threw-in $500 in parts, but then set-up and delivery adds that much to MSRP, so who knows it I got the best deal possible. I live in a small town in SC. I called Atlanta and the dealer there was getting $2K over MSRP (again In Season price). I was actually told had I come in, in December I would have done better.....

Old 05-08-2011, 10:21 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
James,
Now my wife is pissed, we went in that dealer and nobody stared at her ****.
Now, there's my laugh for the day !

Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
barron
4th Gear

Some dealers will not budge off MSRP. When I bought my king 09,I had negotiated with no less than 20 dealers from Texas to NY. I was down in New Orleans and Houston for storm work and was eager to buy. Some of my crew also wanted bikes, so it was going to be a three or four bike deal. We had always heard of the great deals to be had in the south.
So as we went from town to town over a three month period, I would go to dealers and try and make deals. Much to my surprise,no one would budge off msrp.
Got back to NY in November, and was at Moronneys in Newburg. Salesman approached me,(older guy named Bob). I asked him how in this economy with Harley sales, the worst since 1993 all these dealers could turn away sales?
Well he made me a great deal that was above and beyond my expectations. How refreshing to deal with a honest,trustworthy salesman. (is that possible?)I ordered my King Classic and could expect it in May.
Latter that month i stopped in at New Roc Harley,just looking around and the owner asked if needed help, and I responded " No thanks I just bought a bike from Moronneys. I am just looking around for accessory's ideas" He then told me "Walk away from Moronneys and I will beat the deal by $500." He claims to be the largest by volume dealer in the northeast.
So these are two dealers you might want to talk to. Bill is no longer at Moronneys, but Denise is the sales manager. And as far as New Roc goes you should ask for the owner. Avoid all the middlemen.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
BigD629
Cruiser

Originally Posted by donf610
Thanks for all the info guys, just to let you know, wife and I dont mind flying and riding back, where looking to make a vacation-road trip out of it. Thats why Im trying to deal with Rt 66 HD in Tulsa Ok. Wont get numbers from him till Mon. though.
You might want to give Formans HD in Stillwater, OK a call. I bought my Ultra Limited their last June and paid $1000.00 under msrp.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,643 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I highly recommend checking out New Rock HD (NY)!
My brother purchased a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide (black with flames) from them towards the end of 2009 and got a great deal.
I've been thinking for a long time about getting a new Ultra to replace my 2004. This past March, around the 28th I call New Roc and tell them I'd like a 2011 Black Ultra with ABS & security and I'd like to pay 10% under MSRP and no setup fees. I speak with the owner (Jack) and he says if I can do the deal before the end of the month, it's a deal. 60 minutes later I wired $22K to his bank and I was riding the bike home 4 days later.

Since the numbers put out there don't always show the complete price paid, here's how it worked out for me.
Bike MSRP: $20,999.00
ABS: $1,195.00
Total MSRP: $22,194.00
10% discount: $2,219.40

MSRP (with discount): $19,974.60
Freight: $380 (wouldn't budge on this)
Tax: (7% in NJ): $1,424.82
DMV fees: $221

Total: $22,000.42

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Last 3 new bikes have all come in under MSRP. Just a matter of shopping around on the phone.

My experience has been to have the financing taken care of before shopping price. Then, be sure you know exactly what I want and let them know I amd going to be buying in the next few days, just a matter of where...based on net cost to me.

Here are some dealers I just spoke to in the last 10 days that all came in at varying amounts LESS than MSRP.

New Rock HD (NY)
Collierville HD (TN)
Sanford HD (FL)
Patriot Harley (VA)
Southern Thunder HD (MS)

***It really can be just a matter of hitting the right dealer at the right time. If they have had a bike sitting for a while and are paying flooring costs (or are about to have to start paying flooring costs) many times they will cut a better deal on it.

Kevin

Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
07 dyna man
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got mine 1200.00 less than msrp

Old 05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm on my second bike from Barbs HD in west collingswood heights NJ (Mt. Ephraim, NJ)
they were almost $2000 cheaper that Brians in Langhorne PA. and freight and set up were not a line item on my bill of sale.
they sold me the bike under MSRP about 3 weeks ago.

also, there's lots of beautiful riding in the NJ/PA area.
Actually, anything you can think of... beach, mountains, country all a stones throw away.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 PM
xkvator
Tourer

call Jenni at Fosters...

www.fosterhd.com

Old 05-08-2011, 01:39 PM
FlyDawg
6th Gear

Bought my 2011 RKC about a month ago up in the Pac. NW. I know you aren't looking to come this way, but I figure it might help somebody else. I found 2 dealers up here that would deal: Rattlesnake in Kennewick, WA, and AMC in Albany, OR. None of the rest would deal below MSRP, with some not willing to come down to that.

I sent emails to every dealer that was in a reasonable drive, and had given up when the 2 above got back to me. Over a $1000 below MSRP. If you can't find one now, I was told that the end of the 2nd quarter/end of the model year is when I'd most likely get the deal I wanted. I'm glad I didn't have to wait!

Quick Reply: anyone get new bike for less then msrp?