Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone get new bike for less then msrp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

James,
Now my wife is pissed, we went in that dealer and nobody stared at her ****.
We went to thier open house. We were already in Tulsa for a conference, so went went by. The prices they had posted on the used bikes seemed high.

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Without question! I was willing to let him stare at her **** all day if the price was right but it wasn't and the guy was being a douche. It all worked out in the end.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 AM
sjp3003
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a little over 1000 off MSRP for my '09 FLHTCU in December of '08 at Bruce Rossmeyer's HD in Daytona. I was trailering two bikes up from Miami and stopped by to buy a pair of jeans. I'd just been reading about the new touring frame and was surprised to find two units on the sales floor. The salesman was keen to make a sale and I basically said I'd only be interested if the they gave me a break on the price and a decent deal on my trade-in.

This had to be the biggest upsale in my life. I left a beemer as a trade in, loaded up the FLHTCU on my trailer and continued driving up to Maryland. Oh yeah, I did get a pair of jeans too.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 AM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Old 05-08-2011, 08:56 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes10RG
Hey James, that was me who drove up to Myers Duran from Dallas during the week of Thanksgiving back in 2009 to trade my 07 FLTR for the 2010 Vivid Black FLTRX. That was a long and cold day but I saved some money compared to the several dealerships here in the DFW area. Thanks again!
That's right, it was you!! I think I still have a pm from you saying you owe me a beer! I'm glad I could help you with saving some money. Maybe eventually we can get together for that beer. We've been considering a ride down to Strokers sometime to check out that place. How's the FLTRX been treating you?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
James,
Now my wife is pissed, we went in that dealer and nobody stared at her ****.
We went to thier open house. We were already in Tulsa for a conference, so went went by. The prices they had posted on the used bikes seemed high.
Aww c'mon tlb! She can do as Rodney Carrington would say and "show them to me" and I'll compliment her on them!

We didn't make it to the open house but I did get an email about that. We did go to the grand re-opening of 66 for the new owner and coincidentally, he's from Dallas where Wes, the guy that has chimed in on this thread is from. The grand re-opening was a madhouse but we enjoyed it and one of my riding buddies won a $100 gift card so it was worth the 30 minute drive over. Plus they had free food and beer and twin peaks girls were there serving. I'm surprised that **** staring salesman didn't get his *** kicked! Lol I mentioned what happened when we tried to buy from him to another salesman from Myers Duren that worked with him and he said he almost did get his *** kicked in a similar situation. The tit looker pulled out his cell phone and snapped a picture of a customers wifes chest right in front of the guy! Lol I don't know if that's a true story but that's what the guy told me...

Didn't you and I talk about you coming to my place and do a cam swap on your bike one time here on the forums? You're from down around Antlers aren't you?

Last edited by 1931jamesw; 05-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Cme2c
Tourer

Originally Posted by donf610
Looks like you put em out of business,web says its closed.
Hell of a deal you got
Nope-they're still open, just went there yesterday! A busy little shop "where everybody knows your name". Good small town people.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I would never ever even consider paring full MSRP for most anything, let alone a bike. That goes for HD accessories as well. Don't even THINK about it.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:35 AM
beansSG
Tourer

I think the best deals come from buying the last year holdovers. Dealers seem to wanna deal more.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 2011 V-Rod OTD (out the door, including all fees and taxes) price of less then MSPR. Depends on how much the dealers needs to sell bikes, I bought mine the second to last day of month after a week of sticking to my price.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes. both my last bikes. bought them both in august when the new ones just hit the floor.

1) 2008 flht crimson red sunglow. no abs. 15800 out the door. gave me way over KBB on my trade. I only payed taxes (not much) and rmv to move over the plate.

2) 2010 flhtcu black. not abs. 19995 out the door. VERY fair on the flht's trade and I again payed the low taxes and the rmv to swap the plate.

Quick Reply: anyone get new bike for less then msrp?