Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011 | 04:41 AM
razorsedge
Cruiser

Its hard for me to believe, but no one has mentioned checking for a intake leak.

Old 05-11-2011 | 06:11 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

I think this falls under the trouble shooting rule of what did you do last. That is more than likely the cause of the problem. He didn't have a problem prior to the stage one so an intake leak is most likely not the cause. Although this brings to mind Tony, did you use the Fuel Moto modified SE Air cleaner? Did you cap the plug on the intake?

Last edited by FX4; 05-11-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-11-2011 | 06:32 AM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by FX4
I think this falls under the trouble shooting rule of what did you do last. That is more than likely the cause of the problem. He didn't have a problem prior to the stage one.
And i also didnt have an issue after the stage one.
I was running great for weeks. Jamie IS helping sort this out and i trust him 100%.

I WILL update when i have something to report.

Also-i have checked for air intake leaks. Everything is toutqued per the SE ac kit. jamie uses the se back plate.

Old 05-11-2011 | 10:56 AM
Pass
Advanced

I just noticed this same kind of issue not too long ago. I have a 2011 FLTRU w/ Fuel Moto 2-1-2 headers, V&H Hi-Output mufflers, and the FM stage 1 AC and the DynoJet PowerVision w/ custom map from Jamie.

I noticed that after the bike is good and hot if I hit the throttle it sounds like pebbles and sand pinging on metal. At first I thought that maybe it was a loose heat shield so I checked and tightened them all but it still continues. I wonder if I'm having the same thing go on with my brand new RG as you are.

I'd go look at the settings in the PowerVision... but frankly I would have no idea as to what I'll be looking at. I will probably give Jaime a call.

Old 05-11-2011 | 02:10 PM
Pass
Advanced

Received a new map from Jaime, I will load the map when I get home and give it a shot. I will update if this fixes the problem.

Old 05-11-2011 | 02:22 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by FX4
I think this falls under the trouble shooting rule of what did you do last. That is more than likely the cause of the problem. He didn't have a problem prior to the stage one so an intake leak is most likely not the cause. Although this brings to mind Tony, did you use the Fuel Moto modified SE Air cleaner? Did you cap the plug on the intake?
"Cap the plug on the intake?" What cap and plug are you talking about? I have the Fuel Moto Screaming Eagle Stage 1 and I didn't cap any plug?

Old 05-11-2011 | 02:24 PM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

You need a dyno tune

Old 05-12-2011 | 07:35 AM
Pass
Advanced

I plugged in the new map yesterday and did a little ride, I still had some pinging especially in 6th gear with 1/2-3/4 throttle burst. Usually approx 2700 - 3k+ RPM. I did get it to ping in 5th at one point. But I don't think that I got the motor hot enough to really test. I will test more on the way home today so I can get more range info to Jaime for yet another map.

My previous map, once I got the motor really hot I could ping in 1st gear taking off... Not good.

Old 05-12-2011 | 07:51 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rickr01
"Cap the plug on the intake?" What cap and plug are you talking about? I have the Fuel Moto Screaming Eagle Stage 1 and I didn't cap any plug?
I don't know about the TBW bikes but on my 07 you remove a vacuum line on the throttle body that goes to the crankcase and cap the vacuum with a rubber plug.

Old 05-12-2011 | 08:13 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by FX4
I don't know about the TBW bikes but on my 07 you remove a vacuum line on the throttle body that goes to the crankcase and cap the vacuum with a rubber plug.
Thanks, No I didn't see anything about that in the instructions for my 2010. I reread everything last night. Throttle by wire must be a little different. You had me spooked for a minute there. Thought I missed something. Thanks for getting back to me on that. Rick

Quick Reply: 2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one