Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:18 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

I guarantee you when Jamie reads this thread, or you get him on the phone tomorrow, he will be all over it! I had a minor issue with a needed software upgrade when I installed my package, and his service was excellent. Try not to worry too much until you talk to him. I have said it many times when I refer friends (all who have been happy!) that his service this day and age is excellent.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:23 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

I just wonder if you had a coil go bad or something.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:27 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

inspected the pins on the ecm and the ecm connector. they are clean and I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:32 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeputyMike
I guarantee you when Jamie reads this thread, or you get him on the phone tomorrow, he will be all over it! I had a minor issue with a needed software upgrade when I installed my package, and his service was excellent. Try not to worry too much until you talk to him. I have said it many times when I refer friends (all who have been happy!) that his service this day and age is excellent.

I thank you for the encouragement. and like fx just said, this is pointing to the coil. the question is-could the excessive advance fry the coil and if so, what happens now? I ship it to the dealer and play dumb? I don't want to do that.

I am also thinking the connector could have been tweaked as well. the front coil is pin 54. It LOOKS ok but it's dark, I'm pissed and I grasping at straws.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:45 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

I don't have any experience with Fuel Moto first hand, but EVERYTHING I have read on here suggust that Fuel Moto and Jamie are top notch, I'm sure you will be taken care of.

I know that when the time comes for some more power, Jamie is who I will be calling.

mikebaby

Last edited by mikebaby; 05-10-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2011 | 12:05 AM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I thank you for the encouragement. and like fx just said, this is pointing to the coil. the question is-could the excessive advance fry the coil and if so, what happens now? I ship it to the dealer and play dumb? I don't want to do that.

I am also thinking the connector could have been tweaked as well. the front coil is pin 54. It LOOKS ok but it's dark, I'm pissed and I grasping at straws.
Absolutely not! The entries in the advance tables alter the point at which the coil fires - nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-10-2011 | 04:54 AM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Absolutely not! The entries in the advance tables alter the point at which the coil fires - nothing more, nothing less.
2black-that's the way it's supposed to go.

Jammie gave me a call last night....we've got a plan and ill get back to u guys..might be a few days.

Old 05-10-2011 | 06:13 AM
ponch3640
Tourer

subscribed

Old 05-10-2011 | 10:30 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

Have you reached out to Jamie at Fuel Moto yet?

mikebaby

Old 05-10-2011 | 10:32 PM
bbb
Cruiser

I also need to talk to Jamie...had a slight ping last year with only Vance&Hines 3'' fishtails and now with FM a/c and PC5 it is way worse and we still have not even had a warm day up here. Even though its been almost 6 months since i last rode it...i feel no difference in power, thought it would be noticeable. I have only been using premium fuel and even octane boost is not helping...if it would only quit raining so i could get out to try some things.

Quick Reply: 2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one