Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:13 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior

I think you are jumping the gun. The k&n will not effect the coil. Plug back in the power commander and see if code comes back. Check to see if any wires came lose unhooking power commander

Last edited by vtwinbmx; 05-09-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2011 | 06:14 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Did you reconnect the 02 sensors Tony?

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:16 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Also give them the link to this thread. Jamie or Kieth will read it. They are pretty quick to sort out issues. Right now at this time of year they are swamped with work though.

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:30 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
I think you are jumping the gun. The k&n will not effect the coil. Plug back in the power commander and see if code comes back.
The bike will not run with out the power commander. I am thinking the coil was fried and the power commander is actually taking over and allowing it to run ok. that's all i can surmise. but I certainly could be wrong.

I am thinking the high ignition table on that map fried the coil. There is also a SLIM chance that for some f'ed up reason the connections at the coil to the SP wires are loose or the connector to the coil is not complete.

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:31 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by FX4
Did you reconnect the 02 sensors Tony?
For sure fx. they are even color coded so even a dumb eye talian like me couldn't get them mixed up.

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:33 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Here is the stupidest question you'll see tonight.......remind me how to cycle the ignition....I can't find my little write up on it. You put the kill switch to run, turn the ignition on and wait 5 seconds, then quickly cycle the ignition 4 more times......that's correct, right???????

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:37 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Man this sounds like the problems I had with the Thundermax. What a nightmare that was. The funny or not so funny thing is I got it sorted out with Jamie and Fuel Moto. I kid you not, the guys at Thundermax worked on my bike for eight hours and couldn't get it sorted out. Jamie and a couple of calls and all was working well.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:02 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Man o man guys, please tell me the pinging and other problems are just isolated incidents?
I bought the pre programmed PCV 5 so I wouldn't have trouble and have to try retuning. My bike ran flawlessly when I put her away, and this winter I did the stage 1 with Fuel Moto air cleaner and pre programed PCV 5 and a complete catless Vance and Hines Pro Pipe. I specifically asked many questions about running the bike without the 02's hooked up?

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:05 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Most people and I mean most people have zero problems with Jamie's tune. I believe these are isolated incidents.

Old 05-09-2011 | 07:13 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

All connections to the coil (as far as i can tell with out taking off the main to the starter) are connected tightly.

btw-this bike has 6k miles. ran flawlessly until the upgrade. actually ran ok until I put that map in with that (what looks to me-i'm no expert) f'd up advance table.

BTW-I agree with fx about being isolated but when you are going down the road and almost get wacked by a car behind you because your bike starts surging heavily, that doesn't feel isolated. Jammie has a stellar reputation. I hope that I am not phucked.

again, is the procedure that I used to clear the ecm with the ignition correct?

Quick Reply: 2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one