Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011 | 10:08 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

For comparsion download one of stage 1 maps from Power Commanders DynoJet website to see it there's a change. Normally there maps are a bit richer.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...PartNum=15-011

Old 05-08-2011 | 11:52 AM
user 8373900
Banned

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I am going to zero everything out and see if there is a change.
Just the ignition tables right?

Mark

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:15 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master

I wud do wat was said earlier remove 2 degrees at a tim in the trouled area. I bet if you removed all of the 2's your showing and leave the 3 & 4's you will probably be ping free. As call Jamie on Mondat happy ****** day!

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:28 PM
cooper57M
Tourer

Are you sure its knocking and not just engine noise?

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:44 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
Just the ignition tables right?

Mark
just the ignition tables. yes

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:47 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by cooper57M
Are you sure its knocking and not just engine noise?
pretty sure. it's rapid metalic noise that seems to be coming from the front cyl. sounds pretty violent and goes away when throttling off. happens with hard excel when the bike has been in traffic.

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:51 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
I wud do wat was said earlier remove 2 degrees at a tim in the trouled area. I bet if you removed all of the 2's your showing and leave the 3 & 4's you will probably be ping free. As call Jamie on Mondat happy ****** day!
I edited the table to the second one I posted. I figure i'll do this in steps. on the 8th column, it doesn't seem right to me. I was thinking exactly what you are talking about but every single table I looked at from dyno jet seems to have values of 2. that doesn't mean you are not on the right track though. I'll be calling FM tomorrow for sure. I'm still hope'n that this is a PCv issue. i'm sure that part of FM's plan will be to take the PC off all together if changing the tables don't work.

Old 05-08-2011 | 01:11 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

I have the same changes as you to the bike a 2010 Limited with PCV. I looked at my timing map from FM and I have only 2 degrees and the rest are 0's. I have had no pinging at all. Pinging at lower loads is not that bad in my opinion. Pinging under full throttle is a definite no. Things can go bad real quickly at wide open throttle. It can cave the piston in and cause the rings to stick. It can etch the top of the pistons and make it ping even worse due to hot spots. It can also burn holes in pistons which will definitely ruin your day. I would drop all the timing to 0 and then after sure no more pinging you can add back 2 degrees if needed. I would definitely talk to Jamie and or Keith as they can help.

Old 05-08-2011 | 01:44 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
I have the same changes as you to the bike a 2010 Limited with PCV. I looked at my timing map from FM and I have only 2 degrees and the rest are 0's. I have had no pinging at all. Pinging at lower loads is not that bad in my opinion. Pinging under full throttle is a definite no. Things can go bad real quickly at wide open throttle. It can cave the piston in and cause the rings to stick. It can etch the top of the pistons and make it ping even worse due to hot spots. It can also burn holes in pistons which will definitely ruin your day. I would drop all the timing to 0 and then after sure no more pinging you can add back 2 degrees if needed. I would definitely talk to Jamie and or Keith as they can help.
Are you at 0's accross the board? or just where mine shows 2's. would it be possible for us to exchange maps via email so that i can see if mine way off on the fuel tables as well. this news doesn't make me happy but at least it sounds like I'm on the right track. if you pm me your email address, I can shoot you a copy of the map I'm using at around 5 EST.

and thank you for posting!!!

Old 05-08-2011 | 01:46 PM
Toe Knee
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Are you at 0's accross the board? or just where mine shows 2's. would it be possible for us to exchange maps via email so that i can see if mine way off on the fuel tables as well. this news doesn't make me happy but at least it sounds like I'm on the right track. if you pm me your email address, I can shoot you a copy of the map I'm using at around 5 EST.

and thank you for posting!!!
sorry just read your post closer. your have a 103 and mine is a 96. that could call for the differences.

Quick Reply: 2010 unltra ? pinging with Fuel Moto stage one