Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang lowdown touring review

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Buna
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang lowdown touring review

I put the new Mustang lowdown touring seat on my 2011 Street Glide this week. I am not real sure about it at this point. The seat is narrower in the front which I was looking for but it also moved me forward a considerable amount, which I was not expecting based on the description. I am a hair shy of 5'9" and the new position has me feeling like I'm riding on the tank. Ive put about 200 miles on the new seat and so far I prefer the stock seat Thought I might share my experience in case someone else was looking at it expecting something different.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple other reviews said the same thing about moving forward a bit..I was really interested in this seat but a 5'10-11 or so it might not be a good fit.

On the flip side my back up plan is to try a 2011 SG seat on my 11 RK

Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call C&C Chuck and Chuey look at the super tourer moves you back 3/4" and man I have found my seat! Tried many but this is on to stay!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 PM
xdanman
Tourer
Default re

I had a one piece touring, did not like it. Too far forward, put me on the tank. Bought a sundowner and like it. I wish I would have tried the ultra tour, but I dont want to go back any, just sit down in the bike!!!! Fixing to get my sundowner modded by MCC.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It's such an expensive project

when trying to find the right seat. I've got the stock one, a Sundowner, a Signature series, a C&C Sport Tour and now an Ultra Limited seat. Oh and I already sold one other C&C that didn't work out for me. Some of the HD dealers have finally got the idea of having a 'mule' bike in the show room and you can try out the different HD brand seats and handlebars before you buy. Doesn't help with the after market stuff though and that's where it hurts.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is my 5th seat since I bought the Limited. It is a Mustang Regal we rode about 250 miles and no burn I was to the point of trading bikes and going back to a 08 or older bike but thankfully I think I have fixed it.
BTW Did you buy the seat from Mustang? If so you have 10 days to contact Kathy to discuss a solution. They have great customer service.
Good luck in your search.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Ripp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Buna
I put the new Mustang lowdown touring seat on my 2011 Street Glide this week. I am not real sure about it at this point. The seat is narrower in the front which I was looking for but it also moved me forward a considerable amount, which I was not expecting based on the description. I am a hair shy of 5'9" and the new position has me feeling like I'm riding on the tank. Ive put about 200 miles on the new seat and so far I prefer the stock seat Thought I might share my experience in case someone else was looking at it expecting something different.
I know what you mean, I had a seat that moved me forward and I could not stand it.
If you can return it you might like the Mustang Solo seat (79446) with the passenger seat (79110) added. It will move you back 1.25 in. and down some. It worked for me on my 2011 ultra and I am 5’10” with 30” inseam. You would also need the chrome mounting nuts78032 for the passenger seat

Old 05-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind moving back a bit as long as I'm not reaching for the bars after changing the seat. Trying hold off switching bars on my RK and not sure if moving back any will hasten that!

Old 05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Buna
Intermediate

I don't really want to move back any farther than stock as the stock position was fine. I just needed the seat a little narrower in the front to help get me completely flat footed and a better passenger area than the stock SG seat. The Mustang seat accomplished both of those requirements just didn't expect the shift forward. I didn't get the seat directly from Mustang so not sure what my options are as far as return.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
pmang
Cruiser

Hi Guys...

I have this seat on my Road King.... I agree, it does move you a bit forward but it is comfortable and I can easily flat foot. I contacted the guys at Mean City Cycles and they said they should be able to move the seating position back an inch or so... That may make this the perfect seat for people who need a little help flat footing the new touring frame but don't want to get "intimate" with the tank...

Quick Reply: Mustang lowdown touring review