Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM
OnebikeMike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie's answer to my question about the sound bytes and cat equiped on sound and power.
The sound clips and dyno charts were done with a 09 non catalyst head pipe. You can expect approx 3-4 less Hp/Tq on a catalyst equipped bike

Thank you.........Jamie

Fuel Moto
2215 Kelbe Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
Toll Free Sales/Tech 1-877-729-4754

Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM
TCannon22
Tourer

Just got off the phone with the service dept at Myers Duren HD.
They say adding slipons will not affect your warranty but basically any mod to the head pipe, computer, or intake system will void the warranty unless they do the work on the ECM for me.

Basically, add slip-ons, no ECM change or warranty issues
Gut cats or cat-less head pipe, they have to tune or do download on ECM or warranty is void
Change intake, same thing with ECM or warranty void
Adding any kind of aftermarket tuner automatically voids warranty

I know you guys are running the cat-less pipes without issue, this is just a heads up in case you are taking your "under warranty" bikes in for service or something

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TCannon22
Adding any kind of aftermarket tuner automatically voids warranty
I believe that they have to prove that the aftermarket tuner caused any issue or show that it was directly related. Them saying that it automatically voids the warranty just sounds like the dealer trying to dissuade you from doing it in the first place.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greglal
I did mod mod on my SG last night following JC's method.
All went pretty easy, a couple hours total and I was backi riding again.

I have stock pipes with V&H Monster Ovals, I liked the sound but wanted just a little more bark, that's exactly what this mod did. It's still radio friendly but just a bit louder when cruising but a noticeably louder bark when I crack it. Not a completely different sound, just a bit louder. Plus now I have the benefit of not having that scorching heater on my bike.

Nice write-up JC!
Thank you for the props. I've learned a lot from this community, I'm glad I've been able to give something back. Did u happen to take pics of your project and are your cuts hidden by the heat shields? I've done this mod two different ways and this is the best way to do it imho.

My own bike has a Fuel MOTO pipe on it because at the time I didn't know how to gut the cat . I have a SE A/C, fuel pak and slip ons. My bike has been in for service a few times and the dealer has not said a word about my mods or lack of cat converter. I actually just had a rear tire replaced at 7k due to severe cupping and it was warrantied. It still had 5/32 of tread but looked like an alligators back, made a lot of noise and was really "loose" in corners .

Last edited by JC Turbo; 05-28-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Sarge1
Cruiser

I have to say thanks. This was a pretty informative thread and can only get even more informative. I pick my new FLHX 103 up in August when I come home on R&R and I have been scouring this site for ideas, issues and fixes. After my break in, I will definately look at doing this.

Thanks again

Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
staudy
4th Gear

Going to give your way a try... Caught it just in time was going to order V&H for over $400 and because mine is a 2010 Ultra trike another $80 for adaptors. Do you have to change the power commander?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
webbdog8
Road Captain

nice thread subscribed

Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

subscribed

Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Malum
Cruiser

Great! Now I need a stock headpipe so I can keep one stock and gut one in case a warranty repair is needed.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Malum
Great! Now I need a stock headpipe so I can keep one stock and gut one in case a warranty repair is needed.
That's what I did. Bought the whole exhaust from a forum member for $125 shipped.

Quick Reply: Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics.