Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
Anyone running cat-less on a 2010-11 scoot without a tuner have any problems throwing CEL's? Any reported problems at all without a tuner and cat-less?

Thanks,
-fish-
curious about this also.

I'm looking to "gut" the head pipe and install some rinehart 4" slip ons. not terribly interested in any sort of tuner if I dont need or have to have one. I have no intentions of opening up the engine. a catless head pipe and slip ons will be the extent of my engine modifications. all I'm after is a but more sound.

also, any thoughts on the gutted head pipe causing warranty issue should the bike ever need to go back to the dealer?

Old 05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok here is the video of my buddies 2011 Street Glide with the 103, stock mufflers and gutted cat. I will try and get a better one and one with him riding away.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Iluhexbeno

Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed
curious about this also.

I'm looking to "gut" the head pipe and install some rinehart 4" slip ons. not terribly interested in any sort of tuner if I dont need or have to have one. I have no intentions of opening up the engine. a catless head pipe and slip ons will be the extent of my engine modifications. all I'm after is a but more sound.

also, any thoughts on the gutted head pipe causing warranty issue should the bike ever need to go back to the dealer?
bump, lookin for some input but dont want to start another converter thread.
thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 08:58 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC Turbo
ok here is the video of my buddies 2011 Street Glide with the 103, stock mufflers and gutted cat. I will try and get a better one and one with him riding away.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Iluhexbeno
Sounds pretty good. Did you get the other drive away video done by chance?

Thanks,
-fish-

Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 PM
ssc89
Cruiser

American Customs cuts the pipe across it. One zip & it's done. They do stock mufflers also. Complete systems sound real good.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Killed the cat in my 10 Ultra a few months ago. Rode it a few hundred miles with stock mufflers and it sounded noticeably better, (a little bit louder) was much cooler and just seemed to run better. I never experienced a CEL during that time.

Later on I got the bug and did the stage 1 with PCV, slip-ons and air cleaner. The only thing out of the ordinary I noticed was after the stage 1, the bike idles a little higher at start up than it used to. After it warms up, the idle goes back to normal (about 1000 rpms).

Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JC Turbo
I have a fuel MOTO headpipe on my personal bike. I bought it before I tried my hand in gutting a cat from a sock pipe.
Could you please tell me about your Fuel Moto head pipe (I have one on order)?

Any installation tips/tricks you'd like to share would also be helpful.

Did you put the stock heat shields on the Fuel Moto head pipe before or after bolting it to the bike?

Thanks

Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

there is a ton of misinformation floating around. if you gut the headpipe, you do not need a tuner. the ecm will compensate for that.

i ran a gutted heapipe and a se nightstick for almost a year before i got around to doing the full stage 1 with the powervision/se ac/nightstick (thanks fuelmoto ) and i never had any problems. no cel, no issues with it running overly lean (i checked the plugs several times after first doing it, nice color, not overly lean) and the sound was definitely better.

and i'm not saying that just because it worked for me, that this is the definitive answer. i did a lot of research before i did it and with the exception of the arm-chair quarterbacks, the majority of the professionals said it would not cause any problems.

Originally Posted by readyfornew59
I did mine about a month ago and all I can say is it runs considerably cooler and my Jackpots sure do bark better and deeper. Had mine dyno'ed before I gutted with slip-ons and a breather and got 84.5 hp and 91 tq. Just had it redone on dyno and can say with a smile 90 hp and 96 tq. Had it done by same tech at local harley shop in indianapolis. BTW used a SERT. And getting about 40 mpg.
was there anything else different between the before and after dynos? your experience is not typical. fuelmoto did a dyno run with and without cat headpipe with no other changes and found that the stock headpipe with catalyst actually flowed pretty well so there was not much change between the 2, other than the amount of heat thrown off.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM
mrjimbo
Tourer

Originally Posted by fishboy
Anyone running cat-less on a 2010-11 scoot without a tuner have any problems throwing CEL's? Any reported problems at all without a tuner and cat-less?

Thanks,
-fish-
2010 here, I've got about 2,000 miles on since I killed the Cat, all stock, and no problems. Sound and power improvement I feel is noticable....

Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

tag

sorry.

Quick Reply: Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics.