Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikes pulling trailers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006 | 09:50 PM
turbo54
Road Master
Default RE: Bikes pulling trailers

Right pic here my budy is useing a time out'

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:38 PM
chance113
Stage II

Anybody ever size up a jet ski traileR ? ... I was thinking of going with that....Whats a good width from inside to inside on trailer wheels wheel ?

Old 03-01-2011 | 07:04 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

We have an older Bunkhouse, from BF Specialties. We absolutely love it. We don't have brakes on the trailer, so I'm extra cautious coming up to stops. You can ride down the road and not know it's behind you, but you will feel it when turning into a driveway, such as when stopping for gas.

It has a king size bed, although we replaced the foam mattress with a queen size air mattress, that we pump up using the cigarette lighter on the Harley. We can even park the Harley inside, and zip it shut at night.

The best thing is actually being able to camp, cook, etc. We only use it when we have a "destination," such as Sturgis, or in the case of the attached pictures, a trip to Duluth, where we camp for several days in one spot. I wouldn't want to travel cross country with it, setting up and breaking down each day.

Their new ones are even nicer, and top of the line in the motorcycle camping circles.

Attached Thumbnails  Bikes pulling trailers-duluth-vacation-001a.jpg    Bikes pulling trailers-duluth-vacation-007a.jpg    Bikes pulling trailers-duluth-vacation-070a.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011 | 07:08 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JeffSG
Some great replies with lot's of great information. Will towing a trailer affect the warranty?

I'll continue to ride mine to "trailer week" also.

Ride safe.
Just the attachment of a trailer hitch voids the EXTENDED warranty. Getting around that is where a good dealer comes into play. Double click the attachment and read number 2.

My trailer hitch can be removed in about 15 minutes....

Attached Thumbnails  Bikes pulling trailers-warranty-exclusions.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011 | 07:28 PM
dtmues
Cruiser

Try this link it was extremely helpful for my research. I hope the link shows up. It's a delphi forum with a lot of info and links to manufacturers. (You can find it by googling motorcycletrailertowing delphi)

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...towing%2Fstart

Old 03-01-2011 | 07:55 PM
dtmues
Cruiser

As far as hitches go, I've got a hitch doc reciever hitch and it's made with exceptional quaility. To avoid electrical issues get an isolator or you may have minor issues when you aren't pulling the trailer. (Your blinkers will show that you have a burnt out light bulb and flash differently.) You may also check out the hacked forum on this site. I probably researched a couple of months befor settling on a bushtec. Only other trailers I'd be interested in are the american legend and the grand national. We didn't get a camper because there are times we travel & motel it or stay with friends. Don't need the tent & camping gear weighing us down when we're doing that.

Old 03-01-2011 | 08:46 PM
Beanerflhx
Advanced
Old 03-01-2011 | 08:50 PM
hfdarson1
Cruiser

Aluma Trailer MCXLT. All aluminum except for the bar. Several colors. Best prices used to be from Thomas Bus in Iowa. I paid $1500.00 fully assembled and shipped. Pulls great close to 17,000 miles in the last 2 years. DO NOT buy the Alumalite it is a Chinese knock off piece of junk. A buddy tried to save a few bucks and he was sorry.

Jerry

Old 03-01-2011 | 10:11 PM
inthechateau
Road Captain
Default motorcycle camp trailers

Originally Posted by PIMAXX
Thanks for all the input. I guess I should have been alittle more detailed. I'm loooking at the campers. The camper keeps you up off the ground.

Maxx
I pulled a liesurelite trailer once and it handled great. i could not absorb the price so i built one almost like it with a few of my own personal refinements.

i purchased the 800 pund trailer from harbor freight for 175.00 and narowed the frame and axle and built a body on the frame. used 3/4 plywood for the base floor and 3/4 inch square wood for framing the boxes and lid. wrapped it in aluminum.

At first i was having wobble issues at hiway speeds but figured it down to be not enough weight ont he tonge. Loaded a medium cooler with adult beverages and a 16 LB bag of ice and the trailer pulls true at all speeds. i will drop a couple of the trailer pics in my garage her eonthe forum.

If you are looking to buy a ready to go unit the Liesure lite is a great piece. Let me know and i can mail you a CD info disc that eh sales man let me have. PM me your address.

Old 03-01-2011 | 10:42 PM
Al Brown
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Just the attachment of a trailer hitch voids the EXTENDED warranty. Getting around that is where a good dealer comes into play. Double click the attachment and read number 2.

My trailer hitch can be removed in about 15 minutes....
Warranty?

Quick Reply: Bikes pulling trailers