Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anbody else out there with monotube issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
SS ARMS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be sure to keep us posted. i have been thinking about a set of these and going with 1" lower setting. very interested in the out come of this issue.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 PM
sdaley6999
6th Gear

Anyupdates on this issue?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdaley6999
Anyupdates on this issue?
Progressive called & said they found nothing wrong with them but, due to the circumstances, they're going to go ahead & warranty them. Unfortunately they have no replacements in stock but Brian at Eastern Performance (who sold them to me in the first place) said he'll send me a set and then just have Progressive send him the set when they get their stock replenished.............Now that's customer service right there Clark!

So, I'll be putting the front end back together once I get the monotubes back, I'll post results then.

BTW, as usual this has turned into another exercise in "as long as I have it apart I might as well.........." so it'll be getting 12" Monkey Bars, Magnum Black Pearl cables, black levers, V&H dresser duals and 4" Rineharts oh yeah, and I sent my gauges & radio faceplate to www.gaugeledmods.com to have them changed to blue because, well.....it's already apart right?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad this all worked out. We stand behind our stuff and are happy to help in any way we can.

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Progressive called & said they found nothing wrong with them but, due to the circumstances, they're going to go ahead & warranty them. Unfortunately they have no replacements in stock but Brian at Eastern Performance (who sold them to me in the first place) said he'll send me a set and then just have Progressive send him the set when they get their stock replenished.............Now that's customer service right there Clark!

So, I'll be putting the front end back together once I get the monotubes back, I'll post results then.

BTW, as usual this has turned into another exercise in "as long as I have it apart I might as well.........." so it'll be getting 12" Monkey Bars, Magnum Black Pearl cables, black levers, V&H dresser duals and 4" Rineharts oh yeah, and I sent my gauges & radio faceplate to www.gaugeledmods.com to have them changed to blue because, well.....it's already apart right?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
SS ARMS
Advanced

Originally Posted by TexasSG

Be sure to let us know if there are any new or same issues and what you think of them.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 AM
JS999R
Cruiser

From the OP's problem and a couple others sounds like the clunking occurs with lowered monotubes, two people including the OP had the 2" lower unit while another had clunking with an unspecified height, "lowered monotubes". Then counter this with others that had no problems with standard height tubes, with another stating no problem with the 1" lower tube. I think its safe to say if I went with the standard height or perhaps 1" lower I shouldn't have any clunking issues. Obviously theres really not enough data to arrive at any conclusions, just based on the info here.

Last edited by JS999R; 05-23-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I clunked with standard height!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
StreetPilot
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clunk Clunk. . .

Originally Posted by JS999R
From the OP's problem and a couple others sounds like the clunking occurs with lowered monotubes, two people including the OP had the 2" lower unit while another had clunking with an unspecified height, "lowered monotubes". Then counter this with others that had no problems with standard height tubes, with another stating no problem with the 1" lower tube. I think its safe to say if I went with the standard height or perhaps 1" lower I shouldn't have any clunking issues. Obviously theres really not enough data to arrive at any conclusions, just based on the info here.
Mine is 1" and it clunks like a mother!!!!!! I curse everytime I hear that clunk. I may go back to stock after the summer.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM
oldguy1946
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the stanard length mono tubes on my 07 SG and couldn't be more pleased with their performance for their cost. No clunking and the improved ride is dramatic. I'm also running the Ohlin 13.25 shocks.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, we have a pretty substantial number of the Monotube Fork Kits in use and rarely see problems with them let's see if we can get you sorted out before you do something drastic like go back to stock!

Give our tech line a call, an actual human will help you out. 714.523.8700

Originally Posted by StreetPilot
Mine is 1" and it clunks like a mother!!!!!! I curse everytime I hear that clunk. I may go back to stock after the summer.

Quick Reply: Anbody else out there with monotube issues?