Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roadking wild one chubby bars fittment

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
norcalmx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roadking wild one chubby bars fittment

Found a set of wild one chubby bars #wo508 model. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can fit these on my 2000 roadking classic without new cables? Trying to avoid that. Any info would be great. Thanks

Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I changed out the bars on my 06 RK classic to the Chubby 508's, I had to change cables and brake lines. I took it as an opportunity to upgrade to braided, which came out looking great. I don't think there is much difference between a 2000 and 2006 so my guess is you'll have to change cables.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you will have to change cables +6 If I remember correctly

Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
norcalmx
Intermediate

So then the road glide bars are way differant? The guy pulled them off his road glide and said he got them to work with some re-routing

Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Greaseball
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will have to upgrade the cables and front brake lines with the 508's to longer ones. When I did my 2002 RKC with these bars, I ordered all the cables and front brake line from the 2003 Screaming Eagle Road King (that bike came stock with beach bars). That also got me the braided cable upgrade as well.

Attached is a picture of my bike with this upgrade. Good luck

Attached Thumbnails roadking wild one chubby bars fittment-dsc01658small.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Lurk
6th Gear

I'm looking at the 508s, but am trying to find what cables I'll need to replace and part numbers. I would like the diamond-black cables. I appreciate the post where it was said that Screaming Eagle beach bar cables worked. If I get the HD catalog and find cables to fit a beach bar will those work? Any suggestions?

Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
boblkat
Novice
Default handle bar cables

When I replaced my bars with the 0575 that are 2.5 inchs longer the stock bars I could use my stock cables, But It took me awhile to find the right way to rerought the cables. they worked that way even though it didnt fell right when the bars where turn full left or full right.
So after reading the post on here about the longer harley cable and how long it took to get them I desided to due alittle reserch, What I found is that harley gets there cable from MAGNUM. went to there website and it was clear that I could get them from Magnum chepper then from Harley. So with 2.5 inchs longer bars I desided to order 3inchs over on the throtle and ideal cables and 4 inchs over on the clutch.
I had the cables 3 days after ordering them, And after I installed them and rode with them I can say they are wonderful.
So cut out the middle guy (HARLEY) and order them Magnum......

Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
boblkat
Novice
Default handle bar cables

When I replaced my bars with the 0575 that are 2.5 inchs longer the stock bars I could use my stock cables, But It took me awhile to find the right way to rerought the cables. they worked that way even though it didnt fell right when the bars where turn full left or full right.
So after reading the post on here about the longer harley cable and how long it took to get them I desided to due alittle reserch, What I found is that harley gets there cable from MAGNUM. went to there website and it was clear that I could get them from Magnum chepper then from Harley. So with 2.5 inchs longer bars I desided to order 3inchs over on the throtle and ideal cables and 4 inchs over on the clutch.
I had the cables 3 days after ordering them, And after I installed them and rode with them I can say they are wonderful.
So cut out the middle guy (HARLEY) and order them from Magnum......

Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
boblkat
Novice

opps sorry for the double reply

Old 05-06-2011, 03:37 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If u look on WildOnes web site I think they tell u what u need.I believe I installed 4" over throttle& 6" over brake on my RK w/ 518's bars, went W/ Barnett throttle & Goodrich brake lines,stock length on clutch.

Last edited by durtyburt; 05-06-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply: roadking wild one chubby bars fittment