Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyan Quick Tour Pak Relocator

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
DarrenUltra010
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyan Quick Tour Pak Relocator

Anyone have this Kuryakyan Part #8973 Tour Pak Relocator. I trust the reviews of the people here. Let me know.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I'd go with the George Anderson model before you settle on Kury

Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 AM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have one of these for my 09 FLHP and like it. I got it more for when I have the T-Pak on my solo rack so that I could move it closer to my back. I had to make some mods to the rails to allow it to go farther forward and now it is dialed in perfectly. An added benefit was that it raised my box a little over an inch which now allows my police-style saddle bag lids to open without an inch+ of spacers under the box. The piece is made overseas but solid and the chrome is nice. THe cam locks work well too. THe only downside is that it is pretty heavy...I didn't weigh it but it felt like it is somewhere around 10 pounds.

On a related note I did speak to George Anderson and his rig does not allow the T-Pak to move forward, only backward.

Last edited by ReidRik_Von; 05-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got both - had the George Anderson unit on my '07 and took it off when I traded it in. The GA us no lightweight unit, either.

My RGU has the Kury adjustable on it. I went with it - even though I had a GA in hand - because it is adjustable from ~1" forward to 3+" behind stock location. It raises the TP 3/4-1", the GA raises it ~1/2". The GA has two positions (1.5 & 3" back, IIRC) but requires you to empty and unbolt the TP to move it. The Kury has 4 levered camlocks that release, then slide the TP where you want it and lock it down. I move it forward for my grandson, backward for a T-Bag, and as needed anytime. Works great, looks great.

I like George - he's a great guy. For my use, the Kury is far superior.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the Kury adjustable, torn on the functionality of it as opposed to extra weight of it. The latches locked in too tight new becoming PIA to move so added a little spray silicone release agent, now it moves too easy and tends to want to slip when the wife leans back.

I may just go back to the fixed OEM style mount on the quick detach set up I have.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011 Road Glide Ultra
I've got both - had the George Anderson unit on my '07 and took it off when I traded it in. The GA us no lightweight unit, either.

My RGU has the Kury adjustable on it. I went with it - even though I had a GA in hand - because it is adjustable from ~1" forward to 3+" behind stock location. It raises the TP 3/4-1", the GA raises it ~1/2". The GA has two positions (1.5 & 3" back, IIRC) but requires you to empty and unbolt the TP to move it. The Kury has 4 levered camlocks that release, then slide the TP where you want it and lock it down. I move it forward for my grandson, backward for a T-Bag, and as needed anytime. Works great, looks great.

I like George - he's a great guy. For my use, the Kury is far superior.

+1 - Nice to have an instant option.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I went with George Anderson.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior

I was at an event and there was a bike from Kury there, it had the relocator kit on it. The salesman said it had girlfriend mode and wife mode. An inch closer for the girlfriend and 3 inches back for the wife...lol. The kit worked great and was easy to move front or back. I will be getting this one when it is time.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ddm502001
I have the Kury adjustable, torn on the functionality of it as opposed to extra weight of it. The latches locked in too tight new becoming PIA to move so added a little spray silicone release agent, now it moves too easy and tends to want to slip when the wife leans back.

I may just go back to the fixed OEM style mount on the quick detach set up I have.
They are camlocks, and are adjustable for tension. Release them one at a time, turn it clockwise a turn and try it again. Repeat until they get firm to lock down.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:59 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Ignore the fat guy on my bike....

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyan Quick Tour Pak Relocator-img_0067.jpg  

Quick Reply: Kuryakyan Quick Tour Pak Relocator