Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 12:09 PM
dcpicks
Advanced
Default RE: Heated Gloves

Has anyone used the Gerbing heated gloves with the portable litium battery? I think the style is called Core-Heat.

dcpicks

Old 10-23-2007 | 11:12 PM
gregm
Cruiser

I recently made a post about Gerbings where Ireturneda glovethat wentbad (not heating) and they replacedthe pairwithin 3 working days, no charge, no questions. When I was at theirstore I tried the new Lithium battery gloves (one advantage to living in western Washington, near their headquarters). The battery weight isunnoticable, and the gloves come with a clear window (over the battery)wherethe temp. adjustment button andheat range indicating LED(three temp ranges) are located. The batteries are rechargeable (one battery at a time?). I believe the battery charge is good for 3 -12 hours depending on the heat setting. About $180.00 for the pair. I'm budgeting to switch from the wired onesto these.
Gregm

Old 10-24-2007 | 04:33 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLHT

ORIGINAL: ThePunster

I have the same cold finger tip issue - do the heated grips solve it? If the grips are heated do you need to wear thinner gloves to feel it, or does it get through the winter bike gloves?
I would like to know the answer to this also. I also have the finger tip issue.
Anyone who knows me might tell you I am not one to throw a lot of money around (since I have very little). I was having the frozen finger issues, as well. What I did was to get a pair of latex gloves and put them on under my heavy winter gloves. It works just fine, and cost me nothing. Trust me, if I could afford heated gloves, I would do it. But, for now, latex works just fine. IMO.

Old 10-24-2007 | 05:58 AM
dietdewboy
Tourer

I picked up a pair of G3's a couple weeks ago, WOW these things are great!!! I have real poor circulation in my hands, there always cold, I tried heated grips and my hands still froze. With the gloves I have no problems at all. My only complaint is thet there TOO WARM! I'm looking at anon-off swith or maybe a thermostat now. I cant say enough good about them. Worth every penny!