Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is using cellphone radar weather apps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

On my iPhone, I use the weather channel app. It not only give the current tem , it give you an hour by hour forecast, 36 hour forecast, 10 day forecast, has live radar, and you can even get a video forecast. All that and it's free.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the app thats on my Iphone4 that came with it, but its not a radar, its just a forcast. I personally like to look at the radar loop. so i navigated to intellicast, went to radar, touched my State and that pulls up the rader in your region, then above that you see the link to "Play Animation" click it, now you get a radarloop for the last hour. once i got there i added that link to my favorites. when i want to see the weather i just open safari browser, go to thefavorits list and click it, the map comes up on my phone in radar loop.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The absolute best weather radar app for iphone is Radar Scope. It's 10 bucks and worth every penny. I've sent emails begging for an android version.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Dirtbeard
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use the weather channel app and weather bug app on my droid.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:36 PM
tumorhuntr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on android system in apps market look for "radar now" app. time laps weather radar. use it all the time. uses phone gps to find your location

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Try "Radar Now". Free dedicated weather radar loop. Automatically detects your location. Since all it does is show a weather radar loop, it loads fast and immediately when you open it.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c50plus
I am asking about the RADAR function in specific. Not the temperature and weather report
Used AccuWeather radar extensively on a bike trip last summer...was a valuable tool and very accurate. Changed our timing/paths several times as a result. Turned me into a weather junkie. I now have about 6 weather apps I refer to frequently. iPhone user, btw.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Weatherbug on my Droid X. It shows weather for your current location and any other cities you load. Has weather, alerts, radar, photos.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default I use weather.com

Last Thursday when the storms went through the south that killed so many, we were tracking them on laptops as they were lined up on our area. As soon as the first arrived the power went off and so did the TV and wireless modem. My wife and I both have the Droid X and we pulled up the weather.com radar map and followed the storms in our area for about 4 hrs. while hiding in the hall area. It sure relieved our minds to be able to see where the areas of bad weather were. Our power was off for about 13 hrs. and we were able to track the damage as the storm tracked on through Miss. and Alabama and Georgia. I have also used the application when out riding to see when to head home or head for cover. We live in Louisiana and like most of the country the weather changes very fast here.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 PM
slowburngooch
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the weather channel bookmark that's pre loaded in the browser of my Droid X. It's free and not a downloaded app. Since I know where I am when riding, I don't feel the need for GPS to tell me exactly where I am (GPS kills your battery). Smartphones can do just about anything you want, I just don't need it to do everything.
You can zoom in and out on the radar and see exactly where the precipitation (even cloud cover) ..very handy.

Quick Reply: Who is using cellphone radar weather apps?