Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road Glide - No throttle - Limp Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it happen to me a couple times but it was when i rode the bike and it got hot it go into limp mode. put a fuel tuner and no more issues.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 AM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

even though it will be fixed it still sucks, good luck.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
it happen to me a couple times but it was when i rode the bike and it got hot it go into limp mode. put a fuel tuner and no more issues.
What fuel tuner did you use, and how did this correct the problem?

A similar thing happened to me tonight:

I was stuck in city traffic this evening in 85 degree weather.

While idling for a while at a light, my bike started to 'Chug' and run kind of rough.

I thought that this may have something to do with the Heat Management system, so I turned the throttle forward a few times, trying to engage/disengage the Heat Management icon on the dash.

The light changed green and I rode for ~2 miles before stopping.

When I stopped, I noticed the engine light was on, and that I could give the bike full throttle, but would only get minimal revs, barely more than idle RPM speed.

I shut the bike off, fired it back up, and everything was fine.

Could this lack of power have anything to do with the Heat Mgmt, Limp-home mode, etc?

I should also mention that I just did SE255 cams, and I'm running the TTS 'canned' map for this set up. Could this also be an issue?

Thanks

Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
What fuel tuner did you use, and how did this correct the problem?

A similar thing happened to me tonight:

I was stuck in city traffic this evening in 85 degree weather.

While idling for a while at a light, my bike started to 'Chug' and run kind of rough.

I thought that this may have something to do with the Heat Management system, so I turned the throttle forward a few times, trying to engage/disengage the Heat Management icon on the dash.

The light changed green and I rode for ~2 miles before stopping.

When I stopped, I noticed the engine light was on, and that I could give the bike full throttle, but would only get minimal revs, barely more than idle RPM speed.

I shut the bike off, fired it back up, and everything was fine.

Could this lack of power have anything to do with the Heat Mgmt, Limp-home mode, etc?

I should also mention that I just did SE255 cams, and I'm running the TTS 'canned' map for this set up. Could this also be an issue?

Thanks
Any codes?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
BrushHog
Stage III

I have 2011 RG ultra with less than 9000 miles. First time I experienced idle limp mode caused me to drop bike as I was at stop sign on uphill grade. Dealer replaced wiring leads and ECM and declared it fixed. First time out it happened again. Dealer could not recreate problem so suggested I just see what happens. This is really pissing me off. Any suggestions.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Unplug the connector behind the air cleaner and under the seat to the ecm, apply die electric grease to the pins and re assemble.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 AM
bissjim
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by DPete
Unplug the connector behind the air cleaner and under the seat to the ecm, apply die electric grease to the pins and re assemble.
YUP!

In fact apply die grease to every connector you can find. It will save you a bunch of head aches down the road. Every connector you see, every connector you can't see.

Also check the wiring harness from the throttle body behind the air cleaner and make sure it is not touching the engine.