Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who actually rides in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
I will ride in the rain when I get caught in it...or if it is a road trip (where for some reason, I always seem to run into rain)...but do I wake up, look out the window and say "Oh goodie...it's pouring...let's go riding"...no.

I live in Georgia, where 80% of the driving public seems to lose half their ability to operate a motor vehicle when it rains...so I usually avoid it if I can.
People used to make comments to me when it was supposed to snow in Georgia about how we couldn't handle it. I told them that 90% of the people down here can't drive when it rains much less snow.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

News Flash: Your Harley will not melt in the rain and neither will you (or at least you shouldn't). I got into a pretty good rain storm down south Florida a few years back and managed to ride just ahead of the storm alll the way to Alabama.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like riding in the rain, but if I get caught in it, I deal with it. I wont set out on a ride if it's raining unless it's on a road trip and the show must go on.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
houronron
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Been in my share of rain living in Houston, sooner or later you will get caught out in it. Rode 16 hrs last August coming home from Alabama and no it wasn't really a pleasant trip. Got caught in a rain storm in Colorado going up the side of a mountain with no sholder on either side of the road, The rain turned into hail and no where to pull over so you just have to slow down and wait till you can find a place to pull over.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every time I have tried it not only have I have gotten all wet but the bike too No thanks!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The first 47 years of my life i lived in Oregon. If I didn't ride in the rain I wouldn't have rode that much.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
I will ride in the rain when I get caught in it...or if it is a road trip (where for some reason, I always seem to run into rain)...but do I wake up, look out the window and say "Oh goodie...it's pouring...let's go riding"...no.
Ditto. I won't let the rain stop me but I don't get beside myself to go ride in it.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 PM
kyote
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Like others have said... I have no problem riding in the rain.. Do I like it? No.. I will if I have to. For me..it's the idiots on the road around me I don't care for when its raining..that's the part I don't like..Its bad enough they don't see you when the sun is shining..when its raining..they see you even less..

Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 PM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by airchuk
It's the same in Michigan. My bike has met rain. I take my chances with the forecast, and sometimes I lose. I don't mind so much riding HOME from work in the rain. Going in? I'll take the car.
Same here. My biggest concern is the other folks on the road when it's raining. But I don't mind throwing on the rain gear if I have to.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Bunnii
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
Gotta say, I am really surprised at all the threads about being too wet to ride, not getting in my miles, etc. I was under the impression one benefit of riding a bike with a fairing, storage space, and windshield was that you were no longer a slave to the weather. Not hating on anyone, do what you like and all but is there anyone who enjoys riding riding regardless of the weather. Just wondering if I am the only filthy FLH in town.

Be safe.

Yes, bike is always dirty. Took the faring off the RT in 86 and rode in the rain, shine or snow, till I got the 08 which has the fairing. Still ride in bad weather but now got good tunes lol. Some of the best rides and maybe the more dangerous ones were in the rain, but gotta love it.
Rain gear is always packed year round wherever I go. Yup, I am nuts

Quick Reply: So who actually rides in the rain?