Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who actually rides in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: only if I have to.

Even longer answer: I ride for fun to enjoy myself. I don't consider riding in torrential downpours to be fun. I don't give 2 ***** what anyone else thinks about my bike sitting in the garage on rainy days. It's mine. I paid for it. I'll ride it when I damn well please.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
JF1187
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the price of gas i have been in the rain for the last 30 day's don't really like it but don't like being gouged at the pump either,

Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When you're on a road trip, you don't have much choice. You need to be prepared for all types of weather. I can't say I enjoy riding in the rain ... but a crappy day of riding in the rain or heavy wind is still better than a good day at work.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Rain, no rain, I ride.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 414 Posts

I ride in rain quite often.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:38 PM
valleybuck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like most people I will ride in the rain when I get caught in it or on a long trip.but to go for a ride or ride to work I won't if I can help it.And I do like my limited to look pretty and it takes a long time to get it clean after riding in the rain.In fact I just got caught in the rain yesterday but Had a good ride.Cleaned it up as soon as I got it in the garage.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Fathead2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said. If I am on a road trip I have no problem riding in the rain as long as I have visability. The touring bikes handle well but it is not as safe as dry roads. When I first got my bike I would go out and ride in the rain just to get used to it so I was comfortable cruzing in the rain.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I put hard lowers on my bike because I got tired of getting wet feet. If we didn't ride in the rain in the Seattle area, we'd miss a lot of riding. Being able to ride in the carpool lanes is a huge incentive to ride no matter what the weather is. (Unless it's ice and snow)
My same philosophy ... I usually ditch the fairing lowers Mar/Apr timeframe though ....

I keep rain gear in my saddlebag in case it is needed ....

I keep seeing this business about traction ... although traction may go down somewhat (oil rises to the surface of the street as it begins to rain, until it gets washed away) I have never had a problem with traction while riding in the rain ....

I will grant that it is a little unnerving looking through rain-streaked windshield and goggles/faceshield ... after a while I always just get used to it ....

I find it is even less fun when I have removed my fairing and am riding 'bare-chested' ... at freeway speeds or in heavy traffic, especially ....

I don't go out of my way to ride in the rain intentionally ... but, will usually ride if it is a planned event or if it isn't coming down sideways/pouring too hard when I leave ....

R/
'Chop

Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I will choose to not ride if it is raining and I am at home, on a ride it is no choice but to ride wet, we have Frogg Toggs for that.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't spend the money on rain gear for nothing.

If I go riding and run into some rain, oh well. If you intend to never ride in the rain, Florida will suck. If the forecast is calling for a solid day of rain, though, I'm unlikely to fire the bike up.

Quick Reply: So who actually rides in the rain?