Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple no cut wire mod 4 high w/ passing lamps

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:54 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple no cut wire mod 4 high w/ passing lamps

If you have a headlight that the 3 wire leads to a plug, simply squeeze the terminals pins to push out the red and green wire from the plug harness and switch them. When your headlight switch is on low beam with the passing lights on it will energize the high beam of the headlamp and the passing lamps will still light since their power is taken from the low beam power source of the harness. Downfal is when you turn your light switch to high beam, the low beam will energize and the passing lamps will go out since the power for the passing lamps come from the low beam power source of the harness.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Very clever, good to know !

Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
If you have a headlight that the 3 wire leads to a plug, simply squeeze the terminals pins to push out the red and green wire from the plug harness and switch them. When your headlight switch is on low beam with the passing lights on it will energize the high beam of the headlamp and the passing lamps will still light since their power is taken from the low beam power source of the harness. Downfal is when you turn your light switch to high beam, the low beam will energize and the passing lamps will go out since the power for the passing lamps come from the low beam power source of the harness.
I don't see what the advantage of this is. You can have your passing lamps on with the high beam but the switch is on low beam. When you turn the switch to high beam the low lights come on and the passing lamps go out ?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

So, with this mod, when you have the low beam on, that is the only light that is on. When the high beam is on, all three lights are on and the switch on the handlebar is backwards. Is that correct? If it is, sounds like a plan.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
jimsuver
Supporter
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, so all three can be on during the day. At night hit the high beam switch and the low beam comes on and the spot lights go out. I may have to try this as I turn the spot lights off at night.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
I don't see what the advantage of this is. You can have your passing lamps on with the high beam but the switch is on low beam. When you turn the switch to high beam the low lights come on and the passing lamps go out ?
No cutting wires. No modifying the OEM wires on the bike. Only mod is on the LED headlamp plug and it is simply done by squeezing the prongs to release and push out. Takes less than 1 minute.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lakerat
So, with this mod, when you have the low beam on, that is the only light that is on. When the high beam is on, all three lights are on and the switch on the handlebar is backwards. Is that correct? If it is, sounds like a plan.
What? Reread the thread. It is a simple mod to do and understand.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
What? Reread the thread. It is a simple mod to do and understand.
You hurt my feelings. I need pics and a video..... Really, I do like the idea!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually have a easy way and will keep the passing lamps on with high and lo beams. Just take the power to the aux switch that has no use and swap it with the passing lamp power feed. Works great.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

If you take one of the extra wires un -used wires that go to the headlight you can power the lamp switch and have your spots on or off any time you want. The extra wires are in the split/ wrapped cable about 3" from headlight.

Quick Reply: Simple no cut wire mod 4 high w/ passing lamps