Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Ultra Flat Top

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LRS Ultra Flat Top

Looking for feedback from anyone running the Long Ride Shields, Ultra Flat Top shield.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is a new shield. I just saw it on their site a couple night ago. I searched the forum, they did not post a message on the new product "roll out".

Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

Well then I guess I will be the ginny pig on this one.
I just placed my order for a 10" clear. I wanted a shield for long trip comfort.
One that I can see thru rather than over the top. I'm only 5' 5" with my scooter lowered 1" front and rear so I should be good. I'll let yall know what I think after my first ride.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
M. Hix
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a 9" Ultra Flip Up on friday. Limited mileage so far, but it moves the wind over me ( I am 6'2"). I believe you will enjoy, kept us posted.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
kpb46
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M. Hix
I just installed a 9" Ultra Flip Up on friday. Limited mileage so far, but it moves the wind over me ( I am 6'2"). I believe you will enjoy, kept us posted.
I have the same shield on my Ultra. For what it's worth, I hit a Turkey Buzzard at about 60 mph going across Alligator Alley (US-41). Hit him flush on the shield. No damage the the shield or the bike. So I guess I'm saying they make a good product.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

I was in Laughlin this weekend for the Harley Run and stopped by the LRS booth. Long story short they have me a 10" Flat Top shield for free to try out.

When I got home I tried to install it only to find the center hole did not line up properly. Had to get out the dremel and fix it and it is now installed. Havent ridden with it yet but it looks cool and the concept makes sense.

I own 6 of LRS shields in different models, heights and tints. Love the company but this isnt the first time I have had to modify something to make it fit.

Very nice people, Very Good Product when it fits.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

I recieved my new LRS 10" Ultra Top Shield and I'm sorry to report that I'm not one bit happy. It simply will not fit. It's hard for me to even understand how you could make a shield with (3) mounting holes and they will NOT line up. I had 3/8" of the shield sticking out past the edge of the fairing on one side. I refuse to modify it to make it fit. I guess I will have to see if they will let me return it for a refund or for one that fits right out of the box.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRoc54
I recieved my new LRS 10" Ultra Top Shield and I'm sorry to report that I'm not one bit happy. It simply will not fit. It's hard for me to even understand how you could make a shield with (3) mounting holes and they will NOT line up. I had 3/8" of the shield sticking out past the edge of the fairing on one side. I refuse to modify it to make it fit. I guess I will have to see if they will let me return it for a refund or for one that fits right out of the box.

Good luck...See my thread above...

Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

I guess they just don't care about their problems and proper customer service.
I just don't understand how one of the owners can be online and NOT address any issues with his product.

Quick Reply: LRS Ultra Flat Top