Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Ultra Flat Top

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 PM
RnR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that was fast! 5..6 working days to Canada. And no brokerage fees. USPS hand off to Canada Post. Nothing works better for us Canucks buying US goods.

The Ultra-Flat, 11", light tint that shipped is exactly what I ordered. It measured about an 1/8" over 11" from the top of the centre hole to the top of the shield. The fit was spot on perfect. Test drive will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll post some pics too.

BTW I'm 6'2" with 31" inseam. I'm using the stock seat and bars right now. A quick seat test and height seems perfect. A ride will tell for sure. I'll follow-up soon.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:03 PM
ral819
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I recommend you all check out Clark's Custom Windshields. (cutomflhtwindshields.net) I guarantee second to none customer service. I don't work for them in any way. Their product is excellent and affordable.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 PM
RnR
Advanced

My wife and I got a few miles in on the weekend and have some initial impressions.

Passenger gives it a thumbs up. She says it's good at just about any speed. From the drivers point of view it's better than what I've used up to this point. But it's still a bit of a paint shaker 55 mph and up, enough to blur my vision so I can read signs until I'm on top of them. The interesting thing is if I move forward about 6 inches ... it's as smooth as silk. This really isn't that surprising for me. My old BMW 1150GS had the same trouble. The fairing is too far away from the driver. I suspect the issue worsens for taller or longer armed riders as they don't need to lean into the bars.

All the testing I've done so far is with an Arai Profile FF. FF helmets are worse for buffeting troubles. They have a big core, so it puts the rider taller into the potentially turbulent wind. I'm guessing this shield would be perfect for my Seer half helmet.

Optical quality is very good on this shield. I didn't notice any significant distortion through the curves. Looking through a taller version of one of these would work ok I think. I'd rather go with a shield that pullls back to the rider, like the LRS Stealth, Cee Baileys SSC, or Klock Werks Flare.

I wonder which one pulls back the most? 4+ inches would do the trick I bet. I know they are not the prettiest things out there. But I don't really give a crap. The view behind the bars is what's most important to me.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by ral819
I recommend you all check out Clark's Custom Windshields. (cutomflhtwindshields.net) I guarantee second to none customer service. I don't work for them in any way. Their product is excellent and affordable.
Thanks, they look nice. The extra width is interesting. But like I was mentioning I probably need a shield that comes back closer to the rider.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
ceebaileys
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shield looks amazing; enjoy the ride!

Originally Posted by RnR
My wife and I got a few miles in on the weekend and have some initial impressions.

Passenger gives it a thumbs up. She says it's good at just about any speed. From the drivers point of view it's better than what I've used up to this point. But it's still a bit of a paint shaker 55 mph and up, enough to blur my vision so I can read signs until I'm on top of them. The interesting thing is if I move forward about 6 inches ... it's as smooth as silk. This really isn't that surprising for me. My old BMW 1150GS had the same trouble. The fairing is too far away from the driver. I suspect the issue worsens for taller or longer armed riders as they don't need to lean into the bars.

All the testing I've done so far is with an Arai Profile FF. FF helmets are worse for buffeting troubles. They have a big core, so it puts the rider taller into the potentially turbulent wind. I'm guessing this shield would be perfect for my Seer half helmet.

Optical quality is very good on this shield. I didn't notice any significant distortion through the curves. Looking through a taller version of one of these would work ok I think. I'd rather go with a shield that pullls back to the rider, like the LRS Stealth, Cee Baileys SSC, or Klock Werks Flare.

I wonder which one pulls back the most? 4+ inches would do the trick I bet. I know they are not the prettiest things out there. But I don't really give a crap. The view behind the bars is what's most important to me.