Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with Kury/Truck lite passing lamps

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with Kury/Truck lite passing lamps

I bought the Kury/Trucklite LED passing lamps to match my recently installed LED headlight from the same folks. This light is slightly thicker than the stock light and does not fit the aluminum retaining ring very well. I can't seem to get the trim ring to go back on all the way. I fooled around with it for quite a while and gave up and re-installed the stock lights. I also tried to install without the inner retaining ring and then the light moves around inside the housing.

Anyone already go through this and have suggestions? I do like the lights and hope there's an easy solution my pea brain wasn't able to discover.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2011, 06:31 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me. I tried twice without success. then I wrote on here like you and found many that installed without problems. i thought I would be crazy to go at it a 3rd time. It was late, I was tired and the garage was hot. What the h3ll. I thought I give it a 3rd try and prove to be a schmuck. Would you know it, went in without any problems. they are thicker and the ring barely clamps. trick is putting it on flat while the light is centered. Off axis a little would cause the lip not to catch housing. Another thought I came up with, was try the french rings since they hold inward from front.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Trouble with Kury/Truck lite passing lamps
Didn't have to read the thread to know about more Kuryakyn junk. They won't see any more of my money!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Same thing happened to me. I tried twice without success. then I wrote on here like you and found many that installed without problems. i thought I would be crazy to go at it a 3rd time. It was late, I was tired and the garage was hot. What the h3ll. I thought I give it a 3rd try and prove to be a schmuck. Would you know it, went in without any problems. they are thicker and the ring barely clamps. trick is putting it on flat while the light is centered. Off axis a little would cause the lip not to catch housing. Another thought I came up with, was try the french rings since they hold inward from front.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it another try in the morning. I've been at Jazz Fest all day and am way too tired to try it this evening.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I popped it in with an eye ball on centering the lamp. The ring is a bitch to get on. I pushed it flush then tightened. It still holds well, but looks like ***** with the lamp sticking out beyond the ring. I will be getting the frenched ring to see if it covers better. Good luck! Can't beat the light. Be seen, be alive.