Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I went and did something stupid today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 PM
blwright
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hockey8787
I gotta ask was that the same neighbor you WERE trying to respect??
Yes, that was the neighbor I was trying to respect. The rest of the people in my subdivision are a$$holes... I actually have a mental list of house that I rev it up when I pass them...lol

Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your ok Harley made the guards work well

Old 04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
old-skewl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've all done stuff like that.....Glad everything is okay.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,489 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
All of us have done seemingly stupid **** from time to time. I try to not change-up what works. Usually, shortcuts can result in unexpected consequences.
you got that right. i tried to squeak between two concrete parking stops instead of backing out and ended up with my foot stuck between the saddlebag and the barrier. luckily i was just walking the bike so i didn't get hurt, but it almost made me off balance enough to drop the bike on that same stuck foot. now that would have sucked!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like everybody else says, we all have our bad moments, glad everything turned out ok. Guess its another example of (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

Old 05-01-2011, 02:18 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Something like that happened to me at zero speed trying to get it thru the gate to the back yard. It kind of high side me an slammed my head against the concrete. The full face helmet I was wearing sounded like it exploded when it hit. Glad I had the helmet on and now always wear some kind of helmet when I move that heavy bike in close quarters, including the garage. But that's just me.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad you're ok. Most of us on this forum have had a similar moment when something didn't go right. For example, one time I started to lower my 73 on its side stand when I realized I didn't have the stand down. After I leaned it over it was too late to correct and I went down. Fortunately, I was by myself and no one saw me. No damage to bike and I was able to pick the bike up and no one but me (and everyone else now) knew it went down. Point is, sh$t happens and no one is exempt. Sooner or later it happens to everyone. All you can do is learn from your mistakes. There will probably be more.a On my new bike I try to assess everything I do before I do it to keep from dropping it.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
swervin irv
Tourer

It is good you and the bike are ok.I know now that I can pick my Ultra up by myself after it fell over last summer.I have learned a lot from the RIDE LIKE A PRO video..

Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

A family member pulled his egc out to let it run. He turned around and it was sliding down his driveway.

He's a very good rider and is something that could've happened to anyone

Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Masarov
Advanced

Originally Posted by blwright
Well it is a beautiful saturday here in Georgia so I wanted to go for a ride. I start backing my RK out of my basement into my driveway when I got a bright idea. I thought to myself, instead of backing it straight out as I normally do, I will back it straight out, get off the bike, push it so that it is headed out then start it and let the engine warm up. The logic here was I didn't want my pipes aimed at my neighbors house and making all kinds of racket....

Well I got off the bike and when I lifted the kickstand I guess there was a balance shift and the bike fell onto my foot.....luckily my neighbor saw this and came to help me lift the bike. It couldn't have fell any softer than it did. No damage to anything !!! It's a good thing I left my saddlebag rails on or else there would have been damage.

Chalk this up as a lesson learned.
I almost lost my bike the same way the very first day I had it. I was lucky. It taught me never to push it unless I absolutely have to.

Quick Reply: I went and did something stupid today...