Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Up Industries Stabilizer Install Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Gr8fulTim
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Up Industries Stabilizer Install Problem

I have heard so many good things about the kit I ordered one for my 2002 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. I received it this week, and I began installing the kit late this afternoon.

Directions provided detailed the importance of ensuring the frame cross member is undamaged. I saw no evidence of any damage. The directions state the 1" bolt is used to fasten the dog bone on the left hand side of the bike and the 3/4" bolt used to fasten the right side of the bike. The shouldered washers were installed into the top of the holes of the frame cross member. The dog bone was fit up as shown in the pictures with the directions. The directions provided suggest the dog bone should fit up in and nearly flush with the frame member. That is not the case. The 1" fastener fits up through the shoulder washer. However, it appears the 1" bolt may not have thread protrusion above the self locking nut. The fit up of the 3/4" bolt showed there would not be thread protrusion above the threaded washer let alone the self locking nut.

Something I found interesting once we placed the shouldered washers in the top of the cross member holes was that the top of the cross member seems to be at a slight angle on each side of the cross member. Once again, I followed the instructions and checked the cross member for damage. Looking down the edge of the lips on each side of the frame cross member indicates the cross member is not bowed or bent. It appears the top of the cross member is a concave shape.

I'm wondering what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Gr8fulTim
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Throttle Up Industries via email with my questions. I took a few pictures of the fit up problems I was having with the dog bone and frame cross member. I was contacted the next day via email AND phone. I was given advice that proved to be successful, and the kit installed with no further problems. Kudos to Throttle Up Industries for such great customer service. I will keep them in mind for future business.