Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Exhaust Options--any advice yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 07 Exhaust Options--any advice yet?

I try to follow the forum to see what exhaust options are being tried. My friend just installed Reinhart True Duals on his 06 Roadking and it sure sounds sweet--not too loud; just right.

A buddy just installed the Screamin Eagle Performance Slipons on his 07 Electra Glide. They look good, but I could not hear much difference compared to my stock pipes. My dealer has installed Vance and Hines on some 07's that seem to work well but they were louder than I would prefer.

If anyone has installed new exhuast on their 07 yet, I would appreciate hearing about the results, including any remapping or other mods that accompanied your exhaust switch.

I am shooting for a sound that's a little louder than stock, but not to the point the pipes drown out my radio/cd player.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 07 Exhaust Options--any advice yet?

I have the Vance & Hines Oval Slip-Ons on my '07 Road King Classic. I had the same goal as you: louder than stock, but not so loud as to disturb the neighbors or give me a constant droning underway. They are certainly louder than stock, but not so much that it distracts me. I like the deep rumbling sound of these pipes.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same here vance and hines ovals, by far best sounding slipons out there, louder than stock but its the low bassy rumble you expect a harley to sound like, no problem hearing radio at at any speed.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Darryl88
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here just had vance and hines oval slip-ons put on my 07 SG........pick it up Friday

Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Easyglide
Tourer

Did you need to install the PC III or SERT and a free flowing A/C when you installed the Vance and Hines Slipons?

What performance mods to the engine should I expect the dealer to perform to ensure the bike runs smooth with the install of these pipes?

Is there a pic you have on the forum that I could see how your slipons look?

Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
hogjockey
Intermediate

I did a lot of research. Most of it here on the H-D Forum. I was looking for a change in exhaust predominantly for sound and looks and not so much for performance. I have a 2007 Road King standard and because I ride like an old man (probably because I am an old man) the new TC96 motor gives me all the performance I need. Others may want more. What I've learned is that "Rush" makes a nice line of slipons and do not not require any mods if you stay with the 1.75" and 2.0" baffles. When you go to the louder baffles, 2.25" or 2.50," the proposition gets iffy. Your local H-D dealer probably has them in stock. I found another brand, however: Wild Pig Pipes. They're slipons and work just fine with no mods. They're a lot cheaper, too, under $200.00. I Put on a set with the 2.0" baffles today and rode about 80 miles. Good sound and no popping or pinging on decel. I had been all set to invest in a Power Commander and a new air filter and I still may that down the road. But for now, these Wild Pigs are just fine and if it ain't broke I ain't goin to fix it. They have a website: wildpigpipes.com. The style I got was the down slashes. As far as the sound, on the web site they have a couple of vids that give a good sample of what they sound like. Good luck.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

My dealer told me that if I was only adding slip-ons I would not need to re-map the fuel management system. I suspected that the engine was already running lean, so at the same time I installed the V&H FuelPak and the SE Stage 1 Air Intake. The motor now runs exceptionally well, with more power, smoother throttle, and a willingness to run that wasn't there on my stock set-up. V&H's website recommends the FuelPak when installing the slip-ons, and the FuelPak assumes a high performance intake. So I went ahead and did all three pieces. I'm really glad that I did.

The Power Commander is very popular here on the forum. You might want to look into it if you are considering an aftermarket fuel management system. I'm not very familiar with any of the other systems out there, but I am very happy with the FuelPak.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Easyglide
Tourer

For those who installed the Vance and Hines Ovals, did you go with the standard or quiet baffles?

Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: Easyglide

For those who installed the Vance and Hines Ovals, did you go with the standard or quiet baffles?
Didn't know there was a quiet baffle for the ovals but I have the standard.
The stock baffles are fine.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:20 AM
waltr
Cruiser

I installed a set of Supertrap slash cut megaphone slip-ons at the same time as a S/E A/C and a Techlusion TFI box designed to work with the dual O2 sensors on my 07 Ultra. The system is tunable by me from the mufflers to the TFI box. The exhaust can be adjusted to allow more or less backpressure by the addding or subtracting discs and the TFI box allows the fuel injection to be altered in 6 critical areas adding more fuel where needed. I just added Zippers big air filter and needed to adjust the part throttle fuel up to compensate. The Zipper air filter was very well worth it This bike pulls like at train, hitting 100 is a breeze. The disc system I have tuned to act more like a 2 into 1 with 6 discs left and 18 discs on the right. The mufflers are pretty quite by Harley standards but make a lot of torque and with the adjustability and being able to be used and tuned to make a set of true dual head pipes work real well are a bargain. Supertrapp makes a smaller diameter set of slip ons that are "3, mine are "4 and the "4 make a little more power. I assume you could add Supertrapps and tune them to actually make an otherwise stock bike run pretty well.