Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with what kind of exhaust to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
SG RIDER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with what kind of exhaust to buy

just bought an 2011 96" street glide stock exhaust want to upgrade to a more agressive exhaust on that cracks loud when i hit the gas but mellows out a bit when im cruisng just enough so i can hear my radio even if i have to crank the radio a bit .Not sure about slip ons or true dualls if i can find a good slip on that would be ok with that and what will i all need for the true dual to set that up right and rough cost with instalation any help would be great. sound bits would help to if possible
thanks

Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had great success with Bub 7s slip-ons. Pretty quiet until you get on it - sound is awesome. I don't have any sound clips - but the best way is to hit a bike night and listen to several pipes.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May want to look at getting a tuner and ac if your going to change your pipes out, if you don't have these yet. I run rinehart tru duals. They are loud when I get on it and they mellow out quite a bit when cruising. Mine are on my 07 and Im sure they have changed some over the years. May want to check out you tube and see some of the videos on pipes.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thunderheader slip ons! Mellow at cruising speed, and wicked at wot.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just this afternoon received the Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" Mufflers for my '08 Road Glide. They have a very deep rumble at idle, fairly loud on acceleration, and mellow down quite a bit on at cruising rpms. I think I'm gonna like them, but quite a bit louder than stock overall. They sure look good too - very high quality.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:20 PM
SG RIDER
Intermediate

looking at maybe buying vance and hines big radius pipes they sound wicked but not sure if ill be able to hear radio when going 70 mpg anyone have these on there bagger imput please

Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
tarheelbagger1964
Banned

Originally Posted by SG RIDER
looking at maybe buying vance and hines big radius pipes they sound wicked but not sure if ill be able to hear radio when going 70 mpg anyone have these on there bagger imput please
Height of windshield will make more difference cruising at 70 with regards to radio sound quality. I have twin slash ovals and can hear radio fine at 70 with hd windsplitter windshield. don't know anything bout big radius pipes though.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 PM
natetp1227
Advanced

I have CFR's (Cary Faas Racing). They are made by a racer. They sound great under throttle and quiet when off. I see you live in WI. I live in Waukesha. If you want to hear them let me know. Wisconsin Harley in Oconomowoc is the only authorized retailer for them on the state. One of the owners is friends with the maker of the pipes. You can also youtube them. Message me if you would like to see mine. I should be around Saturday and would love to take a ride!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a good 2-1 system like D&D or Reinhart, add a high flow air cleaner and maybe a set of cams and you'll never ride a stock bike again. The bulk of the noise stays behind you anyway, never a problem to hear the radio.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Bdobb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by thenewrage
May want to look at getting a tuner and ac if your going to change your pipes out, if you don't have these yet. I run rinehart tru duals. They are loud when I get on it and they mellow out quite a bit when cruising. Mine are on my 07 and Im sure they have changed some over the years. May want to check out you tube and see some of the videos on pipes.
What he said! My Rineharts did exactly what you describe-deep and mellow true Harley sound until you get on it. Try to listen to other brands as well before buying.

Quick Reply: Need some help with what kind of exhaust to buy