Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Horn

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky73
99.99% sure the Wolo Bad Boy is the exact same horn as my Stebel. I pulled the compressor off and stuck it under my left side cover. Horn assembly then squeezes into the stock cover. It's a very tight fit but it will go in. Zip tied it in for good measure. Need a little clear tubing and a brass fitting that I expoxied into the horn assembly. Spent about $5 at Home Depot to complete the install.
sounds great, thanks for posting

Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my WOLO BAD MAX a while back, new model with low freq like the Stebel Compact truck horn, it seperated fairly easily, and apears it will fit under the OEM horm cover, just need some time to do the install.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

IMHO, there is no horn that will "plug & play" into the stock HD wiring and achieve a desired effect.

The OEM wiring was meant to fire an electric horn. For noticeable increased volume, you will need a compressor driven horn. One option is the Stebel Nautilus compressor air horn. This is an inexpensive mod (less than $50) that will sound like a pissed off 1970's Cadillac and blow your HD electric horn off the map.

The actual horn bellows will fit under the stock cowbell and the compressor can be mounted in an alternate location.

You will need to install a direct wired relay which in turn will utilize the OEM wiring and horn button to fire the compressor.

I’m sure that if you do a search here on HDF, that someone here has fully documented this simple mod.

If you can’t find the information here, then here is a link to another good “how to” with pics.

http://harleytalking.com/showthread....tilus-Air-Horn

Last edited by Scubadog; 08-14-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Sparky73
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scubadog
IMHO, there is no horn that will "plug & play" into the stock HD wiring and achieve a desired effect.

The OEM wiring was meant to fire an electric horn. For noticeable increased volume, you will need a compressor driven horn. One option is the Stebel Nautilus compressor air horn. This is an inexpensive mod (less than $50) that will sound like a pissed off 1970's Cadillac and blow your HD electric horn off the map.

The actual horn bellows will fit under the stock cowbell and the compressor can be mounted in an alternate location.

You will need to install a direct wired relay which in turn will utilize the OEM wiring and horn button to fire the compressor.

I’m sure that if you do a search here on HDF, that someone here has fully documented this simple mod.

If you can’t find the information here, then here is a link to another good “how to” with pics.

http://harleytalking.com/showthread....tilus-Air-Horn
That's my setup. +1 on the relay....must use a relay otherwise the amperage required to drive the compressor goes all the way back through the horn switch on the handlebar.....not good!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 AM
jpglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a mini-beast a while back. Pricey, but it's plug and play. And pretty damn loud.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
eddie eggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a Wolo bad boy on the V-star, it's really loud. Got it at Harbor Freight. They have a chromed version but I got the black. I put a mini beast on the SG, it's loud as well but cost a whole lot more.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by StanfordMan
Does anyone have any experience with the Stebel Magnum Harley Replacement Horn--Electromagnetic? I found it online at BikerHiway.com. It sells for $17.95 and reportedly puts out 136 decibels. This horn fits inside the stock Harley "cowbell" horn as a true plug and play replacement. Here's a link to a picture.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/images/lar...dblack_LRG.jpg
I looked on the that website it's not there anymore