Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your opinion on purchasing extended warranties from HD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
There is a difference between necessity and luxury. A necessity is something you can't live without and shouldn't chance, a luxury is something you can live without and are better off playing the odds.

I Could not agree more - the thing is what YOU believe is a "necessity and luxury" - everyone has a different view -

Just because you belive something is a Necessity doesn't mean everyone believes that way - doesn't make you right or wrong - just your opinion.

I would never drive my car or motorcycle with out insurance - sure wish Everyone in the US believed that way - its just not the case

ESP - some people believe its importandt - others believe its a waste of money - it depends on ones belief...

Bottom line is - ALL Insurance companys make money because of the odds - and we each have our 'risk levels' and what we are willing to risk.

I would say, IF someone is going to do a heavy Mod on thier bikes - esp may not be right for you OR if you like to get a new bike every few years - maybe not for you - however, they do make for good resale..

I have an 04 and it has 60K Plus miles and I plan to keep it for a few more years - so, it works for me and that is all that really matters - and what helped me to extend my ESP was the 20% off part..